Natural Repellent For Wasps

Here are some more natrual wasp repellent ideas.

Answers:

Wasp Repellents

I was just at a website for people with wasp or bee sting allergy. The recommendations were to use an orange with cloves stuck in it (at picnics or around the house I suppose), wear white clothing, no bright colors with dark backgrounds and no cologne. If a wasp lands on you don't panic, gently blow on it until it flies away.

By Pat

Wormwood

There is a plant called wormwood, wear a sprig behind your ear and wasps won't come anywhere near you.

By Susan

Paper Bag

There is an native trick that works great for repelling yellow jackets. Get a small paper lunch bag and fill it with a crumpled piece of paper so it keeps it's shape. Tie a string to it and hang it from a corner of your house or tree where you want to work. Wasps are territorial and visual in nature, they mistake the paper bag for another nest and will stay away.

By Dave

Blow on Bees

If a bee is chasing or flying around you, just blow on it. They don't like the scent of human breath. They will fly away.

By agerardino

Bee Trap

One Year when Camping, my family and I took it upon our selves to cut pop bottles in half, put lemonade in the bottom, or any other sweet formula. Turn the top of the Bottle upside down, and secure with tape etc, and then leave them around the area, Possibly more of a temporary distraction than permenant deterant, and not the most attractive but the wasps should then go down the spout for the sugar and then wont be able to get out and eventually will drown. Other Methods have been said above such as onions and Garlic, another deterant was known as vinegar.

By Jess.

Cucumber Slices

At picnics or BBQs, slice cucumber slices and lay them around. It keeps bees away. Learned this at the maple syrup booth at our state fair, no bees around. It was really amazing.

By Kailes

Sugar Water

I don't know of any wasp repellent; however, I've been told that sugar water will attract wasps. If you put out a container of sugar water, maybe the wasps would go to it and drown.

By Pat

Anonymous

We have teak furniture that wasps love.. We've tried the fake wasp nest, peppermint oil, lemon oil, and eucalyptus oil - all natural and recommended from various websites. None of them worked. I strongly recommend against purchasing teak furniture.

This did not work for me :-(

Giddyapp Girls BeReady Safety Spray. Google it :)

This is much better than the sugar solution in a bottle to attract wasps because the solution also attracts and kills bees which we don't want.

By using a cleaning bottle of 409 it kills bees and wasps you spray them and they start falling down and die