Browsing: Non-Toxic Mold Cleaners

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Non-Toxic Mold Cleaners

There are some natural, non-toxic products that are effective in removing mold. This is a guide about non-toxic mold cleaners.

Non Toxic Mold Cleaner

June 21, 2009 Flag

What is the best way to clean mold in the shower and around other areas, that is non-toxic. I don't want to use chlorine bleach. Thanks.

By joannei from Fayetteville, AR

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here is another link with a few 'recipes':

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/three-ways-to-kill-mold-naturally.html

Mix one part hydrogen peroxide (3%) with two parts water in a spray bottle and spray on areas with mold. Wait at least one hour before rinsing or using shower.

I have been researching "green" cleaning. White vinegar, baking soda, borax, and lemon clean anything. I've been using white vinegar to eliminate mold in my mobile home. I now use it on everything and I have not seen any bugs, my dishes look new, and my ceramic stove top looks like it had been refinished. Lemon cleans anything stainless, baking soda helps with odors, and borax helps all of them work harder. Goodbye chemical cleaners.

If you will research vinegar you will see that it can be used for everything, and it is non-toxic, and it kills just as many germs as clorox or any of the other cleansers. You will find recipes for bleach, cleaners, spot removers, and any other cleaning type recipes you might use.

The cheapest most effective way to kill mold is vinegar. Vinegar actually kills the spores and is therefore an effective tool for mold removal. It actually kills the mold without emitting any chemicals into the air so it's a 'friendly' way to do the job. Only white fermented vinegar works on mold. Synthetic acetic acids simply don't work.

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Cleaning MoldJuly 30, 2013
Septic Safe Cleaners
Septic Safe Cleaners
Preventing Mold On Berries, Moldy Strawberry
Preventing Mold On Fresh Berries
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Picture of garden mulch.
Getting Rid of Mold on Mulch
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 20, 2016 at 11:45:16 PM on 10.0.1.230 in 589 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.