Olive Oil Stain on Clothing

How can I remove grease stains (olive oil) from cotton? I hate to spend $25 at the dry cleaner for a pair of khakis and a polo shirt!

Jennifer from Chicago

Answers:

Olive Oil Stain on Clothing

Hi Jennifer!!! Squirt Dawn dishwashing liquid on the grease spot full strength, rub it in and wash as usual (I usally let it sit for a few minutes before washing). If the spot doesn't come out, repeat the process a time or 2 more. It's never failed me on any grease spots...even dried in spots!!! (09/06/2006)

By Luvyabye

Annie

There is a product called GOOP and it is sold as a hand cleaner for mecanics. I found it at a dollar store and it's the only grease remover I've used that has worked on absolutely everything. You might find it at an automotive supply store. (09/08/2006)

By

Olive Oil Stain on Clothing

WD-40
---> WD40 is made from oil & oil takes out oil. First take a rubber band, wrap the rubber band around the stain to isolate it. Spray on the WD40, let it sit a few hours.
---> Then you need to remove the WD40. since WD40 is oil based, use cheap shampoo, because Shampoo removes oil.
---> do NOT put any stains in the dryer, as this sets the stain! Make sure all stains are gone before drying in a machine.

As stated above. Goop (or any waterless hand cream) is the best all around stain remover. You could try the Goop first because Goop is made to remove oil from you hands. If the Goop dosen't work, use the WD40. (09/08/2006)

By Cyinda

Olive Oil Stain on Clothing

Try ammonia and or shampoo poured on the spot in the washer. Worked on turkey grease that was spilled on my dress pants and they had even been through the washer and dryer first. (09/11/2006)

Bottle of olive oil.
Removing Cooking Oil Stains from Clothing
Storing Olive Oil
Storing Olive Oil
oil lamp on white background
Using Olive Oil as Fuel for Oil Lamps
Olive Oil
Health and Nutritional Benefits of Olive Oil
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
🎄