Organizing Colored Pencils

Category Crafts
Colored Pencils
Keeping your colored pencils organized will help to find the color you need and perhaps even save money, because you won't have to run out and buy another set only to find strays all over the house. This is a guide about organizing colored pencils.

If you want a cute way to store your colored pencils, use a mason jar. They can be easily purchased at Walmart or your local store and they are really cute! They are also easy to paint and customize.

Great idea! You can also ose a tin can and decorate it.

We have a ridiculous amount of colored pencils. Tons of leftovers seem to come home at the end of every school year and I frequently can't find where I stashed them so we end up buying more. I finally took the time to collect them all together and wanted to organize them. My hope is that when the supplies lists come home for this school year I can go pick out a set of pencils to send instead of buying even more!

I took a small clear tub and some of the tin cans that I had laying around for crafts. I separated out the pencils by color and sharpened them all. I put each color into a can then placed all of the cans into the tub so that they were all contained and wouldn't tip over.

Not only will I be able to send them to school, but the kids can easily grab a handful and use them to draw at home. The tub fit perfectly into the cabinet where I store all of their coloring and drawing supplies. :)