Using Tin Cans to Organize Colored Pencils

We have a ridiculous amount of colored pencils. Tons of leftovers seem to come home at the end of every school year and I frequently can't find where I stashed them so we end up buying more. I finally took the time to collect them all together and wanted to organize them. My hope is that when the supplies lists come home for this school year I can go pick out a set of pencils to send instead of buying even more!

I took a small clear tub and some of the tin cans that I had laying around for crafts. I separated out the pencils by color and sharpened them all. I put each color into a can then placed all of the cans into the tub so that they were all contained and wouldn't tip over.

Not only will I be able to send them to school, but the kids can easily grab a handful and use them to draw at home. The tub fit perfectly into the cabinet where I store all of their coloring and drawing supplies. :)