Browsing: Reusing Plastic Coffee Cans

Organizing With Plastic Coffee Containers

If you purchase coffee in large plastic containers, be sure to reuse them for your clutter. This is a guide about organizing with plastic coffee containers.

August 15, 2016 Flag

I live in a tiny apt. and I have a small space to create things in. So, supplies and clutter and stuff just pile up.

Today, I found two almost identical three drawer plastic units for 4.00 each and decided to put them to good use. Now, for the tubs inside I admit I raid the recycle bins for coffee cans and plastic tubs. I also get them from friends so I have literally 20 of them. When they became the clutter I had to do something.

So I combined the two. Six of the shortest ones fit inside the drawers. They don't all match, but this was not a concern. They are in my entry way closet and no one sees them but me.

I used them to corral hardware, tools, gardening stuff, craft supplies, laundry stuff, and there is even room for a bottom drawer of shoes. I have actually run out of tubs and stuff to put in them, for now. But this is a wonderful start and gives me some breathing room in my work space.

NOTE: If you do this, be sure to put it from heavy on the bottom to light on the top and don't have more than one drawer open at a time. They will topple on you so little ones might want to be kept clear. Unless this is all for yarn or something. It's just something to keep in mind.

N-JOY!!

Source: None

Link: N/A

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Great idea, never thought of this. I have used coffee cans in the past to put cooking utensils in on my counter. But I think this may be a better way to use them.

I too am in a small apartment and this looks like a good idea, plus the cans are free. I had started saving coffee cans to store "stuff" in and I already have a couple of those drawer units that were given to me. I like how everything can be seen easily. This is a better idea than I had so Thanks!

Great ideas! I have been collecting these plastic coffee containers to use someday. They are too wonderful to just throw away. But I haven't found a use for them except for using one for craft supplies. Thank you for all your great ideas. I'm on it now to organize a closet for them... Jackie

Then my job here is done!!

In These Guides
Coffee can composting
Reusing Plastic Coffee Cans
Rocks inside two mason jars.
Cheap Storage Solutions
Organizing Clutter ControlDecember 7, 2016
A plastic red container of ground coffee.
Finding Plastic Folger's Coffee Cans
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Uses for Plastic Dog Food Containers
Last Minute Easter Egg Basket for Kids
Making a Plastic Coffee Can Easter Basket
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 27, 2017 at 3:09:08 PM on 10.0.0.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.