Oven Cleaner For Cleaning Tile Floors

For grimy, dirty tile floors, I use oven cleaner, it is the perfect degreaser and cleaner. It is best to work in small areas at one time to get the whole job done. I first spray on the over cleaner, make sure your windows or doors are open for proper ventilation, as recommended on can. Next, I allow it to sit for a few minutes while I begin to spray another area, while area 2 is foaming, I sponge mop dry area 1 to remove foam and then rinse it with clean water to remove any left over cleanser. Move onto section 2 and start a third section and so on and so on until the entire floor is squeaky clean. The best part is the oven cleaner removes the build up without YOU doing any of the scrubbing.

By Pat from FL

Answers:

Oven Cleaner For Cleaning Tile Floors

Hello, just wanted to say I have also used oven cleaner for grimy soap scum build up in the shower stall and doors. Spray on, let set while you go about other things and rinse off. Worked great. (11/13/2006)

By Gramie3

Oven Cleaner For Cleaning Tile Floors

I am impressed with your attempt. I would be afraid that it would strip the shine from my vinyl and dull it. It seams like a very harsh chemical to use on the floor or the shower. I use Kaboom, it gets the job done in a flash just spray, wait a few seconds and rinse. (11/13/2006)

By Connie A.

Oven Cleaner For Cleaning Tile Floors

So glad that someone else isn't a purist. I find it's near impossible to be, so I have to use what is available, too, and use it sparingly with wisdom. God bless you. : ) (11/13/2006)

By Lynda

Oven Cleaner For Cleaning Tile Floors

I never thought of that! Great tip! My whole house is tile, ivory tile. Does this work on grout too? I'll give it a try. I have just started using oven cleaner on clothes and it works wonderfully. (11/14/2006)

By Jean in GA.

Oven Cleaner For Cleaning Tile Floors

I'll try the oven cleaner for the gooey stuff on my tile floor. Thanks! I always get oven cleaner off surfaces with vinegar and water. Works great, and leaves a clean scent. (11/01/2008)

By barbara