Paint Stain on a Linoleum Floor

Does anyone have any advice on how to remove dried paint from linoleum floors? I have tried paint thinner. We repainted the bathroom and got paint on the floor in different areas and are now trying to clean it up. Thanks for any advice.

Renee from Quinton, VA

Answers:

Paint Stain on a Linoleum Floor

Perhaps "Goof Off", sold in home improvement stores would remove the paint. Works for many things also. Removes paint from clothing too. (03/02/2006)

By kidsNclutter

Paint Stain on a Linoleum Floor

If the other remedies don't work, you can always resort to that tool that I think of as a paint scraper. It's a single edged razor blade in a handle. It's used for scraping paint splatters off windowpanes. If you decide to use any scraping tool, be sure to use it with a liquid, like water. The water will act as a lubricant and help keep the scraper from gouging your flooring. Best of luck! (03/03/2006)

By Carol

Paint Stain on a Linoleum Floor

I have a book called How to clean practically everything and it says you should scrub with powdered laundry detergent and water, or undiluted liquid laundry detergent. (03/03/2006)

By JILLSAVES

Paint Stain on a Linoleum Floor

I have used Mr. Clean Magic Erase sponges on paint spatters on my lineoleum tile floor. Takes a bit of rubbing, but the paint till gradually flake off until the spatter disappears. (03/06/2006)

By P.

Paint Stain on a Linoleum Floor
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Linoleum Floors
Paint can with red paint.
Removing Paint from Linoleum
Cleaning Discolored Linoleum
🎉
🎄