Painting Advice for Bathroom

I want to paint the walls in my bathroom. The tiles around the bath are white with little squares of black and a light green and a blue green. The tiles on the floor are a grey black. I was thinking of painting the walls a dark grey. I don't like green. Is a dark grey colour too dark for a bathroom wall? Looking for any suggestions? Thank you.

By lvecchio from Ireland

Answers:

Painting Advice for Bathroom

I suggest to paint it yellow. It makes the bathroom look larger and so bright, very pretty. Good luck. (06/23/2009)

By kffrmw88

Painting Advice for Bathroom

I am with you on using grey :-)

It will depend on the size of your bathroom and whether or not you have a window as to how dark of grey to paint. If it's small and/or no window the dark grey will make the room seem even smaller and kind of gloomy. Also, keep in mind to match the hue of the black grey floor tiles.

It's worth a trip to where you plan to buy the paint, and grab a few free paint chip samples to view in the room itself. When I have chosen colors in the past I first lay them on the floor, stand back a bit and see which shades are the most pleasing and then narrow them down from there by holding one at a time at arms length on each wall.

Good luck and share a photo of the finished room with us :-) (06/23/2009)

By Deeli

Painting Advice for a Bathroom
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors, Reflection in a mirror of boy drying his hair with a blow dryer.
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Bathroom Tiles
Bathroom Tile Color Advice
Wood cabinet doors ready to be painted.
Painting Wood Cabinets
🎉
🎄