Painting Advice for a Bathroom?

We have remodeled our entire bathroom. Plumbing and drywall is finally up. Now for taping and mudding and then tile, and now I'm worried about what paint I should use.

The tub surround and toilet are white. The vanity is medium wood and the tile is a beige brownish with white. Can someone please give me some ideas? Thanks.

By Kelli from IA

My suggestion would be to keep within your brown/beige tones. An accent wall "Bison Brown" and rest of the room "Mississippi Mud" Behr product from the Home Depot. Suggestively I would use a satin sheen mold and mildew resistant.

Those are the two I used in my guest bath, you might want to go to the Home Depot color center and see what they have within your countertop and tile colors.

I like what justatypn said. It's similar to my bath (see pix) Be sure to use some type of scrubable paint, anything but flat, so you can keep in clean. We still need to replace the sink and counter with ours, maybe this winter.

good luck with your renovation!

I love the differences in people.
One lady says stay within the browns and I say put out any color in the world that you like because your colors are so neutral. I think if you do brown family your bath will fade into the sunset and not do it justice.

But again, some people are more adventurous that others with color. You don't have a whole lot to lose in the cost of towels, shower curtain, rugs, etc.

If it were me, I'd go with warm colors; golds, terracotta, warm soft reds with no blue in them, and green absolutely. Pistachio, emerald, moss, sage, etc.

In my opinion, you should enjoy every room like a party.

Go on the JC Penney site and see the different colors they offer; also Target, Walmart, and Macy's, the high end stores, too. Warm that room up.

Good luck and if you can, please send us a picture, OK?

I need paint advice. My bathroom has a white tub and toilet, new greenish/blue matte tile (has different patterns in each tile and changes with the light) in shower and on floor, white cottage vanity with cream/sprinkly top. I am tying this in with the shower curtain: striped, lots of blue, some red, some gold, and some honey color. What color should I paint the walls?

By Mary Pat from Reston, VA

Answers:

Painting Advice for a Bathroom

I'd go with white or off white (cottage white I'm told), because I think you already have plenty of color and things might begin to clash if you add yet another. (03/15/2010)

By Judi

Painting Advice for a Bathroom

Since the shower curtain has lots of colors, do the walls in a shade or two lighter or darker than the tile. (03/23/2010)

By Allison

What color should I paint my bathroom walls? The countertop is turquoise (which I hate), with a beige toilet and shower/tub. I have a blue and brown shower curtain that matches the countertop, as best as I could.

By NM from Hartford, CT

Answers:

Painting Advice for a Bathroom

I think I'd go with a light tan, maybe just a shade darker than the tub, etc. I think another color will make it too dark in there. (01/18/2010)

By Judi

Painting Advice for a Bathroom

Chocolate brown and turquoise are very big now. How about painting the bottom half of the bathroom wall a chocolate brown. You could even put a texture on the wall prior to painting it. Then paint the top half a color near the tub and toilet color? Use accents in the chocolate and turquoise color with perhaps some cream or peach thrown in. (01/20/2010)

By Pam Griffis

Painting Advice for a Bathroom

Have you thought about a theme? Like the beach? those colours remind me of the beach. Maybe sand colour paint?

If you only have a little bit of wall, what about picking up some of the cheap thin beadboard from HD. Paint in a wash of white then go over with a light turquoise to get in the groves and wipe down, then another coat of white wash to dull the blue tone.

Put up pictures with black frames to draw the eyes to them vs the counter. If you have shells, etc. from the beach make a shadow box and display. If counter is large: consider making a tray for the counter to put the various things on. Use a basket to put a plant in.

Desert is another idea, southwestern. You can pull in peaches, terracotta, and sands. If you don't like the beach idea then you need to think of ways to bring in the turquoise and have it blend/disappear.
Find some art work that has the colour, but use the other colours to pop them to the front.

Do you sew? Do plain curtains and make a patch work strip using a little print with the turquoise and bring in other colours.

Ria (01/20/2010)

By REE

Painting Advice for a Bathroom

I'd paint the walls a light shade of the same turquoise of the countertop. Keep your color scheme very focused with using only two colors. You can add accents in deeper shades of those two colors, but I wouldn't paint the wall chocolate brown. Buy chocolate brown towels and bath mat or use white towels with chocolate brown trim. Go for the "spa look" bathroom that is in vogue today. (01/20/2010)

By Carol Swanson

Painting Advice for a Bathroom

I'd go with the turquoise a few shades darker or a cream or off white, depending on which shade fits. Perhaps a different shower curtain as well? (01/21/2010)

By Allison

I am painting my bathroom and looking for input. I am looking to paint it a blue color, maybe.

I am helping a friend remodel her master bathroom. The sink: white, counter top: granite, black with small blue flecks, walls: light gray.

I want to paint the walls in my bathroom. The tiles around the bath are white with little squares of black and a light green and a blue green. The tiles on the floor are a grey black.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceApril 29, 2010
😷
🐛
🌻
😎
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf43226059.tip.html

Paint Color AdviceDecorating