Painting Over Chrome

Request:

This is the first time I have visited your website, so I hope you can answer my question. I am planning to purchase this vintage bread box from ebay that is white with chrome door and I cannot find a total matching canister set but saw an all chrome canister set that might match if I painted part of it white to match the bread box. So my question is, can I paint over chrome? And if so, what kind of paint would I buy? Thank you, and hope you can help.

Bluraindrop

Answers:

You can paint just about any surface IF

you prepare it correctly. A coat of primer is a must when painting metal or plastic. You can get primer at any store that sells paint! :)

Post by voni

Painting Over Chrome

no, you will not get paint or normal primers to stay on chrome, it will just fall of when dry, before you apply primer & top coat, a chrome surface needs a coat of "2pack etch" which is poisonous & best left to professionals.

Post by pc

Painting Over Chrome

Sand blasting also works and it is nontoxic and cheeper to remove the chrome and leave the bear metal to paint.

Post by JIM BOB OWENS

Painting Over Chrome
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Polished Chrome on Classic Car
Polishing Chrome
Closeup of Chrome
Painting Over Chrome
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
🎉
🎄