Painting Stainless Steel

Because of its smooth surface there are a couple of steps you will want to take to prepare your stainless steel surface prior to applying paint. This is a guide about painting stainless steel.

paint can with red paint
Filter Sort

Question: Best Paint for Stainless Steel

Can someone kindly supply me with information regarding the type of paint required to use on stainless steel? As the law in Malta states that no balcony is allowed in the colour of silver or gold, I was advised to manufacture three balconies in stainless steel and then paint them. The main reason for painting is because the house is sea front. Thanking you.

E. Borg

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Candy Killion 10 410 Flag

After Googling a few sites, I'm seeing that your stainless likely needs to be cleaned, sanded and then a wash primer, vinyl primer and finally, enamel topcoat of your choice applied.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Painting Stainless Steel Appliances

I fixed scratches and gouges in my frig door and in the process it took the color out of the area. The door is discontinued so I can't replace it. The rest of the frig is black, so I am thinking about painting the door black. Has anyone painted stainless steel appliances? What is best paint to use? Thanks.

By Nancy from Marion, IA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By elizabpope 3 Flag

Automotive primer and paint. Make sure you rough te surface up well in order for the primer and paint to stick.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingMay 30, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
Stainless Steel Cookware
Switching to Stainless Steel Cookware
Cleaning a stainless steel dishwasher.
Cleaning Fingerprints Off Stainless Steel
Stainless Steel Pot
Using Stainless Steel Cookware
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:32:38 AM on 10.0.2.196 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings