Burnt Milk in a Stainless Steel Pot

Category Metal
A burnt stainless steel pot.
Vinegar, baking soda, or lemon juice can all be used to clean stainless steel pots with burned on milk. This is a guide about burnt milk in a stainless steel pot.

I would like to know if anyone happens to know how to get burnt milk from the bottom of a stainless steel pot?

BJ,Ky

Answers

Best Answer

What I do is soak it for a few minutes, then scrub it with steel wool. It doesn't take as much elbow grease as it sounds like--this is why I love stainless steel pots.

Best Answer

My daughter was making cream of wheat in my brand new stainless steel pots and burned the milk on really bad on the bottom. I filled the pot half way with water and added about a tablespoon of "real lemon". I didn't have fresh lemons. I let it boil for about five minutes and then gently scraped with a silicon spatula (no scratching). I don't know whether the lemon actually did anything or just the boiling water. I did have to get some last little bits of stain off using a wet cloth and a bit of baking soda.

My 85 yr.old MIL swears by leaving it set overnight with a paste made from baking soda and dish soap.

Says she hasn't found any stain she can't get off her copper bottom stainless steel pans with it.

Thank you all for your suggestions! I was boiling milk in a ss pot, and yes, bottom of pot was burnt to a crisp. I tried s.o.s. pad, no luck. Was reading posting above to use lemon peels, however, did not have a lemon, so used lemon juice, let it soak for a few minutes and then used s.o.s pad and it came right off, hardly any scrubbing. Hope this helps you guys.