Painting Wicker Furniture

One way to protect or refurbish your wicker furniture is by painting it. This is a guide about painting wicker furniture.

Painted Wicker Chair
Filter Sort

Question: Painting Wicker Furniture

By Jan 7 18

How do I paint wicker furniture? I have a huge set that my boyfriend bought me for Mother's Day. I love it! It is vintage wicker. I'm not even sure if I should paint it. Thanks!

Jan from Atlanta, GA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions. Going to try and get it done by the weekend.

Jan in Atlanta

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Painting Wicker To Look Old

By Kathie 23 17

I have just changed the colors in my bathroom and want to paint my wicker over the toilet shelf and wicker wastebasket to match. I am not certain what color to use either. The shower curtain is leopard and I just bought a nice tan rug and two chocolate brown reversible bath mats. I was thinking tan or beige? I would like to make the wicker look old and wanted to know if any one can tell me how to do this.

Thanks,
Kathie from So. Portland, Maine

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Coreen Hart 78 376 Flag

Use the antiquing method. Buy a light, warm shade of tan and then a darker shade, about like black coffee. Paint the piece with the light shade and let it stand as long as the directions on the can say. It should be thoroughly dry. Then put on the darker shade, covering well, and wipe the wicker with old tee shirts or about a zillion paper towels while the paint is wet. You might want to do just part of the piece at a time so the brown paint won't have a chance to dry. The dark paint will stay in the nooks and crannies, just like dirt does on old wicker pieces. You can take off as much as you like. When it is thoroughly dry, cover with one or two coats of polyurethane -- the clear stuff -- and let it cure for a day or two. You will have a long lasting finish. Have fun!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingMay 18, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Wicker Furniture
Waterproofing Wicker Furniture
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Wicker Basket
Repairing Wicker Baskets
cat on a wicker chair
Repairing Cat Scratches on Wicker Furniture
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:37:58 AM on 10.0.2.252 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings