Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Painting Wicker Furniture

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Painted Wicker Chair

One way to protect or refurbish your wicker furniture is by painting it. This is a guide about painting wicker furniture.

Here are questions related to Painting Wicker Furniture.

Question: Painting Wicker Furniture

How do I paint wicker furniture? I have a huge set that my boyfriend bought me for Mother's Day. I love it! It is vintage wicker. I'm not even sure if I should paint it. Thanks!

Jan from Atlanta, GA

Most Recent Answer

By Jan (Guest Post)10/20/2008

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions. Going to try and get it done by the weekend.
Jan in Atlanta

Question: Painting Wicker To Look Old

I have just changed the colors in my bathroom and want to paint my wicker over the toilet shelf and wicker wastebasket to match. I am not certain what color to use either. The shower curtain is leopard and I just bought a nice tan rug and two chocolate brown reversible bath mats. I was thinking tan or beige? I would like to make the wicker look old and wanted to know if any one can tell me how to do this.

Thanks,
Kathie from So. Portland, Maine

Most Recent Answer

By Coreen Hart09/21/2006

Use the antiquing method. Buy a light, warm shade of tan and then a darker shade, about like black coffee. Paint the piece with the light shade and let it stand as long as the directions on the can say. It should be thoroughly dry. Then put on the darker shade, covering well, and wipe the wicker with old tee shirts or about a zillion paper towels while the paint is wet. You might want to do just part of the piece at a time so the brown paint won't have a chance to dry. The dark paint will stay in the nooks and crannies, just like dirt does on old wicker pieces. You can take off as much as you like. When it is thoroughly dry, cover with one or two coats of polyurethane -- the clear stuff -- and let it cure for a day or two. You will have a long lasting finish. Have fun!

Solutions: Painting Wicker Furniture

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!