Decorating Wicker Baskets
Go as elaborate or as simple as you like to transform a plain wicker basket into a personalized bit of decor. This is a guide about decorating wicker baskets
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This lovely basket is wrapped with sheer ribbon and decorated with mini fabric roses. It's perfect for placing in the bathroom to hold soaps or towels, in the living room to hold mail, and makes a wonderful gift basket. Simply put, it's an elegantly decorated basket that has a million different uses.
Approximate Time: 20 minutes
- 1 large, open weave, round basket with handle
- dusty pink sheer ribbon (1/2 inch thick)
- dusty pink fabric roses with wire stem (1/2 inch big, about 2 dozen)
- First you need to measure the size of your basket. Your basket should look something like the basket in picture Take a tape measure and wrap it all the way around the basket rim. You want to cut the sheer pink ribbon about twice as long as your basket measurement.
- Starting at one handle, begin looping the ribbon through the top rim of the basket. Keep at least 10 inches of ribbon loose at the starting end to use for the bow. Wrap the ribbon evenly around every, or every other, twist in the basket rim. Keep the ribbon tight as you wrap it all the way around the basket rim, as shown in picture 2. Tie the two ends of the ribbon together in a loose and floppy, medium size bow.
- Take a rose and place it in-between the ribbon wraps, where the basket is still bare. Wrap the rose wire stem around the basket and twist it around the rose base. Add a little glue to the back of the rose to keep it in place. Repeat placing roses until basket rim is covered, as shown in picture 3.
- Picture 4, provides a up-close view of how the basket rim should look.
By Aysha from Boise, ID