Peeling Garlic

The rubber grippers used to open jars are also used to peel garlic! I take a clove and sandwich it between two rubber openers, or fold one in half. Give it a few rubs on the counter and presto, the skins fall of easily!

By Suz from Dragoon, Az

Tips for peeling garlic. Post your ideas.

Answers:

Peeling Garlic

Cut cloves in half and press down on them with the flat part of your knife. The peels will usually slide right off. (09/28/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Peeling Garlic

When peeling garlic, I found you can roll the clove between your hands the skins come off very easy and saves time using a knife.

(09/28/2005)

By Annette

Peeling Garlic

While a friend and I visited together we peeled one half braid of garlic. First we broke the garlic down to cloves then we peeled. My friend was first to notice a stinging sensation on her finger tips and later so did I so we stopped half way through our intended job. It turns out we both got blisters from the acids in the garlic juice. Our recommendation is that you wear gloves, surgical gloves work very well, when you are peeling garlic. No sense finding out you are sensitive the hard way. :) (09/28/2005)

By kittyhassparkle

Peeling Garlic

When I peel my garlic, I put them under running water rolling them in my hands.That way you are peeling them and washing them at the same time. (09/28/2005)

By Joyce wis

Peeling Garlic
Peeling Garlic
Freezing Bell Peppers, Canning Bell Peppers, Peeling Bell Peppers, Drying Bell Peppers, Storing Bell Peppers, Growing Bell Peppers, Selecting Good Bell Peppers, Red, Green and Yellow Bell Peppers
Peeling Bell Peppers
Someone peeling a a peach.
Peeling Peaches
Slice of cantaloupe with other cantaloupes in the background.
Peeling and Slicing Melon
Woman with bad breath covering her mouth.
Getting Rid of Garlic Breath
🎉
🎄