Permanent Marker on Jeans

My cousin wrote on my jeans with black permanent marker. How do I get it out? They have not been washed.

Cassie from Lee's Summit, MO

Permanent Marker on Jeans

Nail polish remover, I believe will do the trick. It may take a few tries, but it should come off. Wash well afterwards. You might try Goo Gone. I think it takes off permanent marker as well as sticky messes. Good luck.

By hedera

Permanent Marker on Jeans

I have removed permanent maker with De-Solv-it. It is citrus based and is safe for you and clothes. Nail polish remover may remove the color like bleach would. WalMart carries De-Sol-it on the cleaning isle. Hope this helps. (06/22/2007)

By Phyllis

Permanent Marker on Jeans

Gently rub over the marker stain with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. (06/23/2007)

By AmericanLadyBug

Permanent Marker on Jeans

Hand sanitizer works great. I accidentally got Sharpie on a pair of twill pants. If you can't put something on the stain immediately, work on it with the hand sanitizer, then spray Zout on it before putting it in the wash. (07/09/2007)

By Shannon

Permanent Marker on Jeans

There's this thing I got from an art store *Utrecht*. It was a set of different things to get rid of stains. Inside there's a thing called Kiss Off which supposedly gets off any stain. Right now I'm taking graffiti marker off a pair of jeans and I'm using it and it's working. Before this I used bleach, regular bleach for colors and regular detergent. Kiss Off worked the best. (02/06/2008)

By xCarliej31x

Yes!! I just tried hand sanitizer!! It worked!! Got most of it off! Thanks Shannon

Blue Jeans
Removing Permanent Marker on Jeans
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Stack of Jeans
Saving Money on Jeans
A colorful wooden dresser.
Removing Permanent Marker from Wood Furniture
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic