Permanent Marker on Vehicle Interior

My wonderful 3 year old daughter got a hold of a permanent marker in the back seat of her father's new truck. She got it all over the inside of the door (vinyl I think) and all over the back of the seat which is cloth. Does anyone know how to get this out?

Renee from MI

Permanent Marker on Vehicle's Interior

For the vinyl part you can use rubbing alcohol on a cloth to remove the permanent marker. I have no idea how you will get the marker out of the cloth though. (02/26/2009)

By Sherry

Permanent Marker on Vehicle's Interior

This sounds crazy, but you may want to try hairspray. Test it in an area not visible first to make sure it won't leave a stain. I know this works on painted surfaces, tables, and some cloth. Good luck! (02/26/2009)

By Karensteph

Permanent Marker on Vehicle Interior
Permanent Markers
Removing Permanent Marker From Vinyl and Linoleum Floor
A colorful wooden dresser.
Removing Permanent Marker from Wood Furniture
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
Paint Cans with Color Spectrum and Brushes
Saving Money on Paint (Interior)