Permanent Marker on a Wood Table

My son took a permanent marker and drew all over my wood table. Any suggestions on how to remove the ink? Thanks.

By dinglebarry from Chicago

Answers:

Permanent Marker on a Wood Table

I have used the Mr. Clean Eraser sponge on some hard plastics before, but I don't know what it would do to the wood finish on the table. Hope you can get it off of the table! (05/08/2009)

By Robyn Fed

Permanent Marker on a Wood Table

I have had great luck with Amodex. It works on permanent markers (and more) on tons of surfaces. The key is not to wet the stain. Water sets the stain and Amodex doesn't work nearly as well. I bought my Amodex from an ebay seller. The last time I checked it was not yet for sale at Office Max. The website says you can buy it at Hobby Lobby and other locations.

P.S. I've used Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on very small spots and I can't see any damage to the wood finish. (05/16/2009)

By dubbiemarie

Permanent Marker on a Wood Table

Use the cheapest hairspray you can find, spray on marks and let sit till ink starts to run, then wipe off marks. You may want to test in an out of site area to make sure you do not ruin the finish. You might have to repeat a few times. (05/16/2009)

By treehugger

Permanent Marker on a Wood Table

I just found that my daughter about 2 hours ago had accidentally marked on our hard wood table. I used toothpaste with baking soda and in 2 minutes it was gone. I let the toothpaste set on it for about 10 seconds, then took a dry, clean rag and rubbed it in a circular motion. It did not totally come off the first time, but it did come off little by little, and after the 3rd time it was gone! Hope this helps. I was so excited! :) (07/10/2009)

By MKfrPI

Permanent Marker on a Wood Table
Permanent Markers
Removing Permanent Marker From Vinyl and Linoleum Floor
Permanent Marker
Removing Permanent Marker From Vinyl
A colorful wooden dresser.
Removing Permanent Marker from Wood Furniture
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
🎉
🎄