I need a list of peroxide uses. I see lots of posts, but does anyone have a comprehensive list of all the peroxide uses?
By twilightgift from Forks, WA
http://www.naturalhealthtechniques.com/HealingTechniques/hydrogen_peroxide_uses.htm or search for your question, good luck. (07/13/2009)
Ordinary drug store hydrogen Peroxide is both a mild bleach and an antiseptic - as such it has numerous uses - (1) to bleach fabric (with heat from an iron), to lighten hair etc. and (2) to use to dry out pimples and skin inflammation, to put into deep cuts/wounds (the bubbles help clean them out), to use diluted as mouthwash w/1/2 water, and to put directly on swollen gums and can mildly bleach teeth w/daily use- That's what I use it for! (07/13/2009)
If you study these three links you could come up with a comprehensive list and include truth and fiction ;-) Submit in The Thrifty Fun Tip Contest when completed and you might just win ;-)
I got this from my sister a couple of years ago: Benefits of Peroxide
"I would like to tell you of the benefits of that plain little old bottle of 3% peroxide you can get for under $1.00 at any drug store. My husband has been in the medical field for over 36 years, and most doctors don't tell you about peroxide, or they would lose thousands of dollars."
1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. (I do it when I bathe). No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash. (Small print says mouth wash and gargle right on the bottle)
2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of "Peroxide" to keep them free of germs.
3. Clean your counters, table tops with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your
dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.
4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria!
5. I had fungus on my feet for years - until I sprayed a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry.
6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day. My husband has seen gangrene that would not heal with any medicine, but was healed by soaking in peroxide.
7. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.
8. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold, or plugged sinuses.
It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes then blow your nose into a tissue.
9. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into
your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.
10. And of course, if you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. You will not have the peroxide burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages, but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, reddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually so it's not a drastic change.
11. Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin infections.
12. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there
is blood on clothing, pour directly on the soiled spot. Let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.
13. I use peroxide to clean my mirrors with, and there is no smearing which is why I love it so much for this.
I could go on and on. It is a little brown bottle no home should be without! With prices of most necessities rising,
I'm glad there's a way to save tons of money in such a simple, healthy manner. (07/16/2009)
I use peroxide for removing spots on my carpet. Pour or spray a little on the spot and let it sit for a few minutes. (07/16/2009)
By Hate Litter
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!