Using Peroxide for Laundry Whitening

Category Laundry
Whiten your laundry with hydrogen peroxide rather than bleach. It also works particularly well on protein stains such as blood. This is a page about using peroxide for laundry whitening.

You can add 1 cup of peroxide, instead of bleach to whiten laundry. If there is blood or other difficult stains, pour peroxide directly on the stain. Let it sit for a minute, then rub and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.

By Kelly from Largo, FL

Top Comment

I just used this to clean one of my son's favorite old golf hats. I wet the incredibly dirty and sweaty part with peroxide, and rubbed it with a bar of soap and allowed it to set in for an hour or so. Then I put it in the washer with a load of clothes. My husband couldn't believe how clean it looked. Not perfect, but lots better than before. The cap was white and its visor was black. The peroxide didn't fade the black part at all.

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJuly 29, 2018
🎃
🌻
🎂