Planning a Boy/Girl Party for My 16 Year Old Daughter

Category Birthday
Planning a party for teens that will be enjoyable for boys and girls alike can be a challenge. This is a guide about planning a boy/girl party for my 16 year old daughter.

My daughter will be 16 soon and she wants a boy/girl party for the first time. Any and all ideas are welcome. I haven't a clue what to do with them. She is inviting 9 people so including her there will be 10 teenagers in my small apartment. I told her the party can go from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Is that reasonable? Should it be shorter/longer?

Darlene from Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Answer Was this helpful? 1
Best Answer

Sounds reasonable, what about a slumber party with the girls, send the guys home at 11:00 and have the girls stay. My daughter wanted a hippies theme, tie died cake, and, anything that we did in the sixties. Some of the styles are coming back and they could dress in that time period.

Best Answer

'Sounds reasonable to me. At 16, they don't want to be 'entertained'. Food, nibbles, music, and an occasional appearance (perhaps masked by bringing food reinforcements) is all that's necessary. DO maintain a reasonable profile, and be close enough to hear a crasher, or a brewing argument.

If you don't know the guests well, when you circulate, you might want to check for any aroma of alcohol. You might end the evening by turning the lights low and announcing the "last dance", then, lights up all the way and unless the girls are staying for an overnight (good idea, btw) start clearing food trays. No food? No music? lol...they'll clear out fast enough.

Best Answer

Have you tried one of those murder mystery parties good for small guy/girl groups they dress up food is part of the party many different themes to choose from luau, 50's, etc.

Best Answer

Music and food is what they will like. Put out bowls of chips, pretzels etc. and cans of soda. I'm guessing they will have dinner at home so you dont have to fuss with making anything.

Best Answer

I am planning a 16th birthday party for my daughter. She wants a guy/girl party but it has to be cool of course. We have decided to do a survivor party on the river where her grandparents live.

The look we need is already there with the exception of some small details. She is having 20 friends that we will split into two tribes as to go along with our theme. We have planned on 8 games for the two tribes to compete. Some will be physical, mental, and some gross, but not overboard. I think good for their age group.

Our event will start at 2:00 PM and go until 10:00 PM. She has decided she is okay with all her family coming, but their invites are from 2:00-6:00 PM. When the guest arrive there will be large fruit and veggie trays set up under E-Z up tents they will snack on those items until everyone has arrived.

We will start our games right after that on a point system, and because it will all be very organized, this should not take more than an hour and a half.

We will have a treasure chest of prizes for the winning tribe. we will than have free time for swimming in the river and tubing for those who have permission. We will have lot of supervision including two family members who are lifeguards.

While thats happening, we have other family that will be getting all the grilling done for dinner. Everyone will eat at 5:30, after that most of the family will leave. Everyone else can just have fun and at this time I will try to get some good pictures of my daughter with her friends.

From 8:00 to 10:00 we will have a bonfire and some fun island music, play a little limbo and roast marshmallows, dance and call it a day. I think the best thing I can do to make this a great time for my girl is to be organized and think like a sixteen year old. What do you think?

Best Answer

That definitely is a good time. But I would consider giving them a little time alone. So she knows that you can trust her. I know I would be upset if my dad was in the room with us the whole time. I am turning 16 soon too.

Best Answer

The timing sounds reasonable. Maybe you should let the girls spend the night. An outdoorsy theme is always good. Maybe have a campfire. Cook hotdogs and roast marshmallows. Or if you have a pool you could have a pool party. And you could have water balloons and water guns they can play with.

ok so i would just clear a room hire a dj and dance dance dance.!!!!!!!! Play fun but cool games maybe have a raffel thing. One game i thought was fun was you announce some objects and if sumone has tht object in their purse they win sumthin.also invite guys thts half the fun

I think that u guys should have a barBQ if she would like that b/c that would be fun and invite more people to have an outside theme and have it from 6 30 till 11 so that way she gets to enjoy more w/o them getting to tired :)

my birthday is next month and i have know idea wat to do! im stressing.so i know wat ur going through