Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Planning a Class Reunion

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Class Reunion

Planning a class reunion can be fun, but it is a lot of work too. This is a guide about planning a class reunion.

Solutions: Planning a Class Reunion

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: 20 Year Class Reunion Ideas

We are having our 20 year class reunion. We are having tailgating party, and tour of school at a home football game on Friday night. Alumni preordered class T shirts to wear to game.

Saturday night is our main event - casual attire at a "ranch", with DJ, and good catering. We mailed out questionnaire sheets and schedule of events months in advance, 20$ single, $40 couple; T shirts were $10 - and we will "make" $2 off each shirt to put back into class account. Giving out awards.

Some awards given at the 10 year were:

• Florence Nightingale - given to nurse who worked at St. Jude

• Gulliver's Travel - person who traveled farthest

• Most Fertile - most kids

• Coolest Job - person worked for Virgin Records

• Head of the Class Award - given to person who is principal at former school

We are making name tags with senior pictures on them, that will be printed out prior to registration that Saturday night. We also plan to have a table for a deceased classmates memorial.

By amcouch from Winchester, TN

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Planning a Class Reunion.

Question: Class Reunion Information Sheet

Our class is preparing for our 45th reunion. We are looking for ideas/samples of info sheets that have worked for others. We have had such a low return from prior reunions. We would like to make a memory book this year. Any ideas would be sooooo appreciated.

By Lani

Question: Class Reunion Table Decorations

I am looking for ideas for class reunion banquet table decorations. Our school colors are maroon and white and the mascot is a maroon and white tiger. Any suggestions?

By Margaret from MS

Most Recent Answer

By April [179]03/30/2010

How about mirrors, with red tinsel on them, with a school prop on top of it all? By prop I mean something like a little tiger, megaphone, text book, yearbook, or old school photos that you can copy from a yearbook, a copy of your school or class song, graduation pictures, a reproduction of your graduation ceremony brochure.

Question: Planning a Small 10th High School Reunion

I am planning a 10-year reunion for a very small class. I don't expect more than 30 people to attend, including spouses. Some guests will also bring their young children (3 years and under).

What can I do to motivate people to come? I think we will be doing it at the High School we attended, as it was recently renovated and it would be interesting to see the changes. But what then? Any suggestions will help. Thanks.

By kraw from Nova Scotia

Most Recent Answer

By lisa05/31/2009

Have you thought of having a picnic? May be every one bring a dish.

Question: Planning a Small Town Class Reunion

I graduated with 27 classmates and it is time for a 20 year class reunion. Does anyone have ideas to make a small town class reunion fun? There are only 4 of us that do not live within a 25 mile radius of our high school. So, most people know each other and keep in touch.

I was thinking we could do it at the high school's homecoming, be in the parade and watch the game on Friday. Saturday we could have a pot luck lunch at the community center (which is free and nice). Saturday night we could have an optional dinner at a restaurant in a local town that does larger groups. It has a nice buffet and a full bar. I am thinking the football game and potluck would be family-oriented while the Sat. night dinner would be for classmates and spouses only.

We did the pot luck and dinner out at our 10 year reunion. Does anyone have good ideas for things the kids could do before, during and after the potluck to keep them busy? I do not have children and am at kind of a loss. Also, would it be too much to have the class get together for dinner Friday night before the game AND Saturday night as well? Or should Friday night just be an optional thing, mainly for those coming from out of town or families who do not want to cook at home before the game. Let me know!

By amy1989 from St. Paul, MN

Most Recent Answer

By Donna Anderson [1]05/18/2009

I have been doing my reunion since the 10th and now we're having our 50th. I would send out pstcards(cheaper) and ask them to respond back. I would have the reunion at one of your old haunts. With feedback you will know how many will show and they can pay on their own. Get a website going and you can put that site on your postcard for all who have e mail.