Plastic Easter Egg Tree

Category Decorations
Make this cute Easter decoration for your home this holiday. This is a guide about making a plastic Easter egg tree.

Making an Easter egg tree is a great way to use up some of those plastic eggs that you may have laying around.

Total Time: 45 minutes

• 1 foam cone (11 7/8 in. tall)
  • 48 small plastic eggs (approx. 2 in. tall)
  • 1-2 bag paper Easter grass
  • hot glue gun

1. Hot glue the eggs onto the cone, starting at the bottom. I started by gluing on 4 eggs, to divide up the space into fourths. This made it easier to figure out the spacing.
  2. I put my eggs fairly close together on the first row, then left more space for the remaining rows. Repeat rows until you reach the top.
  3. Applying glue to the cone in between the eggs. Stuff grass into the spaces. Remove any grass that didn't stick to the cone. Apply more glue and grass to fill any bare spots.
  4. Ad
  5. Apply a lot of glue to the tip of the cone, as well as to the side of the eggs in the top row. Stuff a bunch of grass into the glue.
  6. Ad
  7. Use scissors to trim any long pieces of grass.
  8. Apply glue to the bottom of an egg and adhere it to the top of the tree. This egg will be able to open if you want to hide a small treat inside of it. :)
  9. Ad

That is so very pretty!

This is a cute little Easter egg tree I saw on line that I just thought was adorable and it turned out really darling.

Total Time: @ 1 hour each

Yield: 1

• 1 piece posterboard weight card board ($1.00 or less)
  • 12 fl oz spray adhesive ($4.00)
  • 1 hot glue gun and glue ($have on hand)
  • 1 bag Easter grass ($.75)
  • 1 pair scissors
  • 9 pieces plastic Easter eggs ($have on hand)
  • 2 pieces decoration for top of tree ($have on hand)

1. Take a piece of cardboard and cut it into a half circle. Roll it so the top has a small open area. Glue with hot glue.
  2. Gather the rest of your materials.
  3. Take the Easter grass out of the bag and cut it into small sections. Smaller pieces work best for this craft.
  4. Use spray adhesive to spray the entire tree and start putting the grass on the top of the tree and move downward.
  5. Cover the entire tree.
  6. Take plastic Easter eggs and hot glue them onto your Easter Tree. Space so they are somewhat offset from the first row. I started at the bottom and worked my way up.
  7. Add a decoration to the top or take 2 pieces of clip art the same size and cut them out and glue them together with half a skewer in the center. (I also made one for my grandson where I used 2 bunny stickers and put them back to back on the top of the tree.)
  8. Put your Easter tree on your table and enjoy it.

You may need to trim your tree a bit before you add on the eggs. I squeezed mine all over and then trimmed off the hanging grass.
If you have spray residue on your hands you may need to use Dawn dish soap and a pot scrubber to get it off. It worked well for me.

Please if you think this is cute leave me a vote. Don't forget to sign in please or the vote won't count. :)

Videos

Making an Easter egg tree is a great way to use up some of those plastic eggs that you may have laying around. View the full project here: Easter Egg Tree