Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Plastic Spoon Flowers

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Plastic Spoon Flowers

Assure proper ventilation when pursuing this creative craft. This guide is about plastic spoon flowers.

Solutions: Plastic Spoon Flowers

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Plastic Spoon Flowers

Blue and white spoon flowers, white fork flower in vase with artificial flowers.

Here are some photos of plastic spoon flowers that I have made.

• plastic spoons and forks, green for stems
  • wood burning tool
  • small candle and matches
  • florist tape to wrap around wire
  • thick wire for stem

Be sure to keep a window open, the smell can be very strong.

1. These flowers are made from plastic spoons and forks, melted over a small candle. Use green spoons for the leaves.
  2. I also used a wood burning tool to melt the spoons and forks together. Add a thick craft wire stem and wrap florist tape around it.
Vase with red spoon flowers mixed with white artificial flowers. Votive holder in foreground.Melting spoon over candle.Closeup of melting spoon over candle.Red spoon flower votive holder.

By

Editor's Note: Fumes from melting plastic can be very toxic. Proper ventilation and protection is essential to prevent injuries.

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Plastic Spoon Flowers.

Question: Making Plastic Spoon Flowers

I tried making the flower using plastic spoons and a candle. When I tried, though, the spoon started melting, but dark smoke remained on the spoon as black color. How do I avoid that discoloration?

By Shereena

Most Recent Answer

By Catherine [5]04/30/2014

Hello!
You could try holding the plastic spoon close to the side of the flame and not on top of the flame or try boiling water or a heat gun or even a hair dryer if the plastic is soft enough. Hope this help!