Plastic Spoon Flowers

Assure proper ventilation when pursuing this creative craft. This guide is about plastic spoon flowers.

June 19, 2013 Flag

Here are some photos of plastic spoon flowers that I have made.

• plastic spoons and forks, green for stems
  • wood burning tool
  • small candle and matches
  • florist tape to wrap around wire
  • thick wire for stem

Be sure to keep a window open, the smell can be very strong.

1. These flowers are made from plastic spoons and forks, melted over a small candle. Use green spoons for the leaves.
  2. I also used a wood burning tool to melt the spoons and forks together. Add a thick craft wire stem and wrap florist tape around it.

Editor's Note: Fumes from melting plastic can be very toxic. Proper ventilation and protection is essential to prevent injuries.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

November 4, 2016 Flag

I packed up all of my deceased coworker's things. I had to clean up her table. I found 9 disposable spoons. It seems like they had been there for a long time so I thought of creating something out of them so that they wouldn't just sit there for a long time without any use.

This craft can be used as an accessory or decoration.
Tip: If you don't have time to paint, use colored plastic spoons.

• plastic spoons
  • scissors
  • candle and lighter
  • hot glue
  • paint (optional)

1. Heat the spoons one by one over the candle.
  2. As it begins to melt, carefully fold or stretch each spoon forming it to look like a petal.
  3. Heat the handle and cut them away.
  4. Put two petals close together and secure by heating the bottom or simply using hot glue.
  5. Add layers of spoon petals until it forms a flower.
  6. Paint the petals. (This step can be optional. You can choose either to paint it or not.)
  7. I used a paint that dries very fast so I brushed it with white glue and sprinkled on some glitter to make it look more presentable.
  8. Slightly brush it again with glue to keep the glitter from falling off.
CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 3 Comments

April 22, 2014 Flag

I tried making the flower using plastic spoons and a candle. When I tried, though, the spoon started melting, but dark smoke remained on the spoon as black color. How do I avoid that discoloration?

By Shereena

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hello!

You could try holding the plastic spoon close to the side of the flame and not on top of the flame or try boiling water or a heat gun or even a hair dryer if the plastic is soft enough. Hope this help!

Crafts Recycled Crafts OtherJune 25, 2013
Stove Burner
Removing Melted Plastic from a Stove Burner
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers, A bouquet of fresh cut roses for Valentine's Day
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers
coke bottle spoon rest
Spoon Rest Ideas
Paper Flowers in a Vase
Recycled Flower Crafts
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 9:43:13 AM on 10.0.0.96 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.