Share Crafts

Powdered Milk Ice Cream Recipes

Powdered Milk

Believe it or not you can make delicious ice cream at home starting with powdered milk. This page contains powdered milk ice cream recipes.

Here are questions related to Powdered Milk Ice Cream Recipes.

Question: Powdered Milk Ice Cream Recipe

In 1963, my girlfriend at the time, made a really nice ice cream, using the recipe on a Sunshine powdered milk tin. Is that recipe still in existence?

By Arthur

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By Pixiedust7 7 861 07/14/2013

For those who had trouble reading the recipe from the Google link, I have transcribed it for myself and am sharing it below:

Powdered Milk Ice Cream [Sunshine Ice Cream]

Makes about 2 Pints

1 teaspoon gelatin
½ cup hot water
4 heaped tablespoons full cream powdered milk
3 tablespoons sugar
1 ½ cups hot water
1 ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract

Dissolve gelatin in 1 tablespoon cold water, then mix with the ½ cup hot water.

Beat together powdered milk and 1 ½ cups hot water; add gelatin mixture and vanilla. Beat well, turn into freezer trays. When frozen to the consistency of thick cream, remove, beat until doubled in bulk. Freeze firm.

For a richer ice cream, reduce hot water to 1 cup, add one 4-oz. tin [Nestles] cream. [Not sure what this is. - I would just try 4 oz. of regular cream.]

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Question: Making Powdered Milk Ice Cream

What is cream powdered milk?

By Bria

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By Patricia66 6 05/22/2015

Back in the day, you could buy powdered milk with different fat contents. Well, you still can today, but it's a lot harder to find anything besides nonfat than it used to be and a lot more expensive as well. Google "Dry Whole Milk" (which is what full cream powdered milk is) and you'll find it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!