Preparing to Paint

If you are painting, an hour or two spent preparing the room will have huge a impact on the final result. Remove molding, outlet covers, and light fixtures so that they don't get paint on them. Anything that you can't remove, cover with plastic or masking tape. Your reward will be a much more attractive and professional looking paint job.

By Fisher

Preparing to Paint

I just love painting, but, it is the prep work that I don't like at all. But, I totally agree with Fisher, take your time and do it right. You will be much happier with the end results! (06/29/2006)

By Persnickety Paula

Preparing to Paint
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Green paint on a brick wall.
Cleaning Paint from Brick
Old Paint Can
Disposing of Old Paint