Repairing Paint Brushes

The best course of action for maintaining your paint brushes is to clean them thoroughly after every use. But there are times when this does not happen. Depending on the type of paint used there are ways to revive a stiff brush and remove the old paint. You can even temporarily slow or stop the loss of bristles. This page contains several suggestions for repairing paint brushes.

Sometimes when I'm painting crafts and whatnot, the bristles of my paint brushes will fall out. I know the easiest way to fix this is to get better quality brushes, but since I don't want to completely waste the ones I have, I have a little trick to temporarily help with the bristles.

What I do is take a little bit of Super/Krazy Glue and glue around where the bristles meet with the ferrule of the brush.

Then while the glue is a little bit tacky, I take pliers and crimp down on the ferrule and bristles. Once completely dry, I've found that I can go a lot farther with painting before I notice any more bristles falling out.

2 More Solutions

It's always good to clean your paint brushes after each use but if you forget and the paint dries on the brush you still may be able to salvage the brush. Just soak the brush over night in cleaning solvent for the type of paint you used.

Whether you're using oil paints or acrylics, inevitably your paintbrushes will take a beating. Even if you are doing what you're supposed to with the paintbrushes, they will inevitably become hard, stiff, and eventually useless.

acetone, brushes, and paints

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Crafts OtherNovember 22, 2019
😷
🎄
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Repairing-Paint-Brushes.html