Preventing Fruit Flies

This tip was sent in to our paper, The Saturday Star, in their tip section.

Those annoying fruit flies. Where do they come from?

Her suggestion, was to wash bananas immediately when you get them home from the supermarket. As the adults have laid their eggs on the banana skins. You put them in your house, the warmth hatches them. If you wash the bananas right away, you get no fruit flies.

Evelyn

Venus Fly Traps

I know this sounds silly but I have two venus fly traps and a pitcher plant next to my fruit bowl in my kitchen. I have no more fruit or drain flies. The fly traps are getting ready to go dormant for the winter, but I'm sure the pitcher plant can handle my kitchen pests on its own, plus they are neat to watch!

By sarah_bellum

Upclose photo of a fruit fly.
Preventing Fruit Flies
House fly on a white surface.
Getting Rid of Flies at a Restaurant
Metal sink drain.
Getting Rid of Drain Flies
Keeping Flies Off Goats
Keeping Flies Off Goats
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
🎉
🎄