Preventing Lizards from Getting in House

I am having problems with lizards coming in my home. I have lived here for 15 yrs. and have never had any problems with them before. I just dug a pond close to my back of my house. Am wondering if this might me the reason for lizards. Any advise?

Pearl from Maringpuin, LA

I was at my son's house sitting with my granddaughter who was 3 at the time. She discovered a lizard in her bathroom. It was the harmless green kind. I wasn't able to catch him but he did become frightened and hid from us. She went to the door and informed the lizard " You'll have to come out eventually and then my Daddy will get you and throw you outside!" When her daddy came home he found the lizard and took him outside. He found the thing to be weak and dehydrated. One of the prettiest things I have ever seen was that big old burly firefighter (my son) squatted down by the hose letting it trickle over the lizard and helping it to get a drink. My granddaughter explained to me ..."That's what firefighters do, GranMarty. They help people and lizards." (11/27/2007)

By MartyD

Why would you want to keep them from getting in the house. Most small lizards are really harmless, and will rid your house of insects and spiders. They are relatively clean, and try to avoid people whenever possible. Since I have allowed lizards to live in my home, I have no insects or spiders. The only sad thing is that eventually the lizards die because they have no more food. (03/19/2008)

By George

There is one electric repeller available in market. Switch it on and the dirty lizards will go out of windows and will never ever come.

Believe it or not I have seen 3 lizards going out themselves within minutes after I switched on that electric repeller. The machine costs us $3 or so. (05/04/2008)

By help

Geen gecko on the upper corner of a wooden doorframe against a white wall
Preventing Lizards from Getting in Your House
Getting Rid Of Lizards
Getting Rid Of Lizards
Boy Holding Lizard
Keeping Lizards as Pets
Green chameleon on a branch.
Identifying Lizards
Natural Repellents for Lizards
Natural Repellents for Lizards