Preventing Lizards from Getting in House

How do I really get rid of house lizards? You know it's really annoying me and distracting me from my regular work. They unexpectedly fall from the ceiling or from the wall and run under the feet here and there, creating a lot of disturbance. Can we get rid of this pressure? Is there any answer other than feeding a cat in the house? Thanks.

By Hariprasad from south India

Answers:

Hey, in south India you want the lizards in your house they are your friends! They eat the mozzies (and other bugs) although I do understand the pooh they leave behind is not very nice, but I find this a small price to pay. I would be more worried about the very large spiders and snakes! Learn to love the lizards/geckos! (05/28/2010)

By meshelle

I agree with Meshelle, but if you have dozens of them perhaps you could try catching them and putting them back outdoors. If you have screens on all your windows and screen doors on all of your exterior doors that will greatly help keep them from coming in. (05/28/2010)

By Deeli

They will eat cockroaches and fight the bigger ones so I personally would rather have lizards any day vs roaches.

If they have nothing to eat, then they leave. Think of it that way. (05/28/2010)

By HSLINKS

I have lizards in NC. I can tolerate them outside, but when they started coming in the house I bought those plug-in pest controls. The supposedly emit a high pitched tone that gets rid of pests (even mice). I haven't seen any lizards in the house since I bought them, so I think they're working well. Good luck! (06/04/2010)

By Deyi

Geen gecko on the upper corner of a wooden doorframe against a white wall
Preventing Lizards from Getting in Your House
Getting Rid Of Lizards
Getting Rid Of Lizards
Boy Holding Lizard
Keeping Lizards as Pets
Green chameleon on a branch.
Identifying Lizards
Natural Repellents for Lizards
Natural Repellents for Lizards
🎉
🎄