Preventing Soggy Pie Crust

Enjoying the perfect piece of pie is always the goal. This guide is about preventing soggy pie crust.

A piece of apple pie with crispy crust.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

To prevent crust from becoming soggy with cream pie, sprinkle crust with powered sugar.

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I just took a homemade baked apple pie from the freezer. After cutting it I see that the bottom crust is soggy, as if not baked enough. It was thoroughly baked. How can I keep this from happening again? Especially when I want to do more fruit pies? Thanks for the help.

By Joan from Girard, PA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Beat an egg and use a brush to brush the crust before you add the filling. You can do this on the bottom crust and top crust.

Read More Answers...
Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking PastriesOctober 22, 2013
An apple pie with a delicious looking pie crust.
Pie Crust Tips and Tricks
Pie Crust Recipes
Pie Crust Recipes
Photo of vanilla wafer cookies which can be used to make pie crust.
Cookie Pie Crust Recipes
Sandwich with a packed lunch.
Keeping Sandwiches From Getting Soggy
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 3:32:10 PM on 10.0.1.172 in 444 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.