Protecting a Tattoo When Tanning

I have just started tanning (indoor) and have a tattoo that is bright and I don't want it to fade. Does anyone know of any way to protect it? Also, I am looking for a cheap alternative to tanning lotion.

Thanks,
Nailfanatic from Poteau, OK

Answers:

Protecting a Tattoo When Tanning

I would think something like Desitin would work. It's that thick white creamy diaper rash ointment and I'm pretty sure it's the "white stuff" lifeguards use on their noses. It's mostly, if not all, zinc oxide. It would be easy to control where you put it and you could just wipe it off when you're done tanning. (03/29/2006)

By farap

Protecting a Tattoo When Tanning

I don't know about the tattoo but, I just purchased some lotion at Walmart for $5.00 and it's working great, and cheaper than the tanning salons. It's called Ocean Potion for extreme tanning and has instant bronzer in it and it's for indoor tanning or outdoor. Hope this helps! (03/30/2006)

By smathis123

Protecting a Tattoo When Tanning

I ran into the same problem, and I was told to use chap stick with sunscreen in it. I always put it on my lips before tanning anyways, so you just put it over your tattoo when you do the lotion. I tan regularly and my tattoo is 4 years old, still looks brand new! (03/30/2006)

Protecting a Tattoo When Tanning

Purchase sunscreen with zinc oxide, and cover the tattoo area thoroughly. Don't skimp on the sunscreen you use to cover your tattoo. Make sure it is strong and of good quality. Protect your investment! (03/30/2006)

By Ree 127

Protecting a Tattoo When Tanning

I also heard that chap stick (with sunblock in it) is great for covering tattoos when tanning. Also, sunblock with the highest SPF you can find will work great!
As far as the tanning lotion goes, I too am an avid tanner in the salon and I came across this website. I swear it is the best site on the net with the best deals on designer lotion you would find at the salon, but half the price.

CHECK IT OUT:
www.tanninglotionoutlet.com (08/13/2007)

By Samantha

Protecting a Tattoo When Tanning
Woman tanning next to a pool.
Homemade Tanning Oil Recipes
An open tanning bed.
Starting a Tanning Salon
new leather chair
Smell from New Leather Furniture
A woman putting on sunscreen.
Fixing Streaks From Sunless Tanner
🎉
🎄