Recycle Aluminum Foil as a Scrubby

I have started keeping my "used" aluminum foil and reusing it for a scrubby. I use it to scrub my pots and pans and to clean anything stuck on the stove or counter.

By bjarrett from Cameron, Missouri

Answers:

Recycle Aluminum Foil for Scrubby

If you're used foil is clean enough to use as a scrubber; I'm thinking it would be much thriftier to simply not use the foil in the first place.

All kinds of wraps, foils and paper towels are expensive and bad for the environment. (04/29/2009)

By dh8

Recycle Aluminum Foil as a Scrubby

I think that's a great idea! Granted, other forms of scrubbers are more ecologically sound, but I still have to use foil for certain cooking methods. Just yesterday I threw out a piece of foil and thought to myself that it's terribly wasteful. Keep in mind, too, that Reynolds is now producing foil that is 50% recycled! Yay! We have no recycle centers in my area of Michigan, and can only recycle plastic bottles and aluminum cans if they contained (I can't believe this!) *carbonated* beverages!! Juice? Nope. Milk? No again. I do a pretty good job of recycling or reusing household materials, though. I have one of those big, wheeled trash receptacles. My neighbors, regardless of family size, all put theirs out every week with the containers bulging and the tops propped up by the trash inside. I put mine out once a *month!"

This will be a great saving. Thanks for the terrific tip. (05/03/2009)

By pollylev

pan lined with foil
Lining a Pan With Aluminum Foil
Row of holiday trailers in a park.
Cleaning Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Clothing, Removing Tar from Upholstery, Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Aluminum Foil
Uses for Aluminum Foil
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 18, 2016 at 2:53:31 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 910 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.