Sharpen Scissors With Aluminum Foil

Category Office
Trying to sharpening scissors by cutting aluminum foil is not an effective method of sharpening scissors. This is a page about sharpen scissors with aluminum foil.

For an easy way to sharpen scissors, fold a piece of aluminum foil three or four times, then cut through it several times with your scissors.

By linn from Canada

This is a fast and easy tip for sharpening scissors. I just grab a piece of aluminum foil, fold it a few times and then cut it with the scissors. They come out as good as new, and only for the cost of a sheet of tin foil.

By Wendy from Edwardsport, IN

To sharpen scissors quickly, use an everyday item: aluminum foil. Simply cut a medium size sheet of foil. Using the scissors, cut up the foil and across.

The scissors are good to go. Be careful not to cut yourself as scissors will be sharp!

Scissors will not be sharp after many times of usage. To make it sharp again, you can get a sheet of tinfoil, fold it until you have 5-6 layers. Use scissors to cut the tinfoil to small stripes, repeat the cutting for ten to fifteen times.

Test the scissors buy cutting a piece of paper to see the sharpness, if still not up to your satisfaction, repeat the steps by cutting more tinfoil until the scissors are really sharp.

Source: I saw that from an overseas TV show

By Kitty from Bellingham, WA

Answers:

Sharpen Your Scissors With Aluminum Foil

I have tried this before your posting, and I think it probably works if all you want to cut is paper. But it does not work any better if you want to cut fabric. There is a product that costs about 6 or 7 dollars, depending on where you buy it where you insert your scissors in it and "cut" just like you are using the scissors. Works very well to keep your scissors sharp, even for cutting fabric. (09/22/2009)

By Elaine

I keep a package of sandpaper with my sewing stuff. When I think my scissors are getting a little dull, I just cut through the sandpaper a few times and my scissors are good as new. And they are at least 10 years old. (09/22/2009)

By Barbara Huggins

When you need to sharpen your scissors and don't have a sharpener, try cutting through a couple of sheets of aluminum foil. This sometimes helps.

By middlekid from Science Hill, Kentucky

Answers:

I did that the other day when I had to cut some material with some regular scissors. I folded regular aluminum foil about four times into a square that would fit in the palm of my hand, then I cut through it about five times, they were really sharper! They cut out the material really nicely.(03/31/2009)

By Robyn Fed

Great idea, I have a pair that need sharpening and will give this a try. (04/03/2009)

By Maryeileen

Home and Garden Repair OfficeJuly 10, 2017
🌻
📓
😷
🐛
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Sharpen-Scissors-With-Aluminum-Foil.html