Browsing: Remedies for Acne Scars

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Remedies for Acne Scars

It is a challenge to be self confident if you feel your complexion doesn't match your self image. This guide is about remedies for acne scars.

August 23, 2012 Flag

Lemon Juice for Acne Scars

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Lemon juice has been suggested as an effective treatment for acne scars. This guide answers questions about using lemons to help minimize acne scars.

January 7, 2007 Flag

I have pimples on my head and I am addicted to popping them. They leave scars that are darker than my skin on my forehead. I was wondering if these scars are permanent or do they go away if they go away? Is there something I need to do for that to happen?

Shelby

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Don't use chemicals as listed. These will not suit your skin. Do a natural facial twice a week at home. Use apricot scrub on your face and keep on rubbing slightly for 10 min. Scars will definitely go away. Scrubbing removes dead cells on your face. I had scars 1 year ago and now they are gone.

Best Answer

As far as I know they just fade and keep getting lighter and lighter my mom has them on her face. Just remember looks are not everything. Who cares if you have little scaring, you are still beautiful.

Best Answer

I had started breaking out badly on my face since last summer. And I tried the Clearasil Ultra and it is great. My acne is not completely gone, but it greatly improved. There is no need for micro-dermabrasion. Use granulated sugar it gives you the same smoothness and results.

January 31, 2011 Flag

How can you get rid of acne scarring quickly?

By Kim from VA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Suadh, I use Proactiv, it prevents new acne and after about 2 weeks of use the old scars were barely noticeable. It is about $50 for a 2month supply, but defintely worth the money. Make sure that if you purchase this product that you get the "refining mask" (6% sulfur) you will notice a difference on how your face feels the very next day.

Best Answer

When I was in my 20's I had this problem. I used a regular old lemon, cut it and rub it on your face several times a day, don't rinse it off. It will take a couple weeks before you notice and change. Keep it up. You'll have a clean feeling face and the lemon will eventually lighten the scars to almost nothing. It worked for me. I'm 62 and have a smooth clear looking face. try it lemons are pretty cheap. It'll also work on any scar on your body.

Best Answer

Some scars go away and some don't, but the process involved is the shedding of the old cells and growing of new ones to replace the scar tissue. As I've gotten older my skin "turns over" more slowly. So I help it along by using a facial scrub (baking soda) about twice a week to encourage the old cells to slough off.

The lemon juice mentioned here probably has a similar effect, plus a gentle lightening effect.

August 12, 2009 Flag

My face is full of pimple marks and small holes in my face. Please, does anyone know of any treatment? I would also like information on creams or soaps that would help with my skin. Thank you.

bhagavathi

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I don't know about the holes, but I use to have terrible acne. What I have recently found that a mild acid helps to exfoliate your skin. Use white vinegar. Make a 10% solution to start with & put it in a bottle that you can use to put it on your fingers or a cotton ball, I use my fingers, spread it around & let dry. 10% vinegar is mixed like 1 tsp. vinegar, 9 tsp. water. Then each time you make more, make it stronger till it's some where between 50-100%. It's a very cheap alpha hydroxy. Your skin may flake, then just wash again & do the same. You want it to peal, this gets rid of the top layers of your skin.

I also, for about 30yrs used this cloth, to wash my body & face called a salux cloth, that's made out of nylon/polester. It never needs washing & rinses really fast. Just in the beginning, you have to wash really softly, cause this thing gets rid of old skin, dirt & anything else on the surface of the skin. I know most people think you shouldn't use rough stuff on your skin, but that dead skin on the surface causes the skin to b dull, & hold onto marks & light scars. The salux lasts for years & dries fast. They are 12" x 36". I hang it on the shower head or a hook to let dry between uses. I fold them up till they are the size of wash cloth, lather with favorite soap (it makes good lather) & scrub everywhere & then open to scrub my back.

After your skin gets used to it, it feels so good & my skin is soft & supple. People comment on it all the time. They sell these clothes under many names, but the original salux is the best. I've gotten them at health food stores & whole foods places. I just looked & found them on the net: http://www.asia  uxskincloth.html It's the original and cheap too. When they start to get ragged, I've used them for dishes & many other things. I took an old one & cut it in 12" squares & sewed the edge to stop raveling, then use it as a wash cloth to wash my face with in the morning. You can actually see through these things, so they don't hang onto dirt or anything. Everyone should try one, and like I said, go easy in the beginning, it's something you have to get use to, but after you do, you won't feel clean using anything else.

Best Answer

I would need more info on your skin type to say how to best prevent pimples, also what kind of acne you have problems with. Obviously washing the face and neck regularly is important, but don't over wash, same goes for exfoliating. Moisturize even if you have oily skin. Many fruits and veg's are great for the skin pureed and applied as a skin treatment mask for 10-20 minutes. Wash with warm water, finish with cool water, and moisturizer. I have several different skin treatments I make, if your'e interested I can give the recipes.

As for covering the scars; truth is you can't vanish them magically, medically call a dermatologist, if you can't afford one, you can also try a chemical peel, but it won't completely fix them, depending on the severity it may not be possible. If you want to cover the scars try a mineral make-up, It works well for me, covers better than foundation, concealer and powder. and less work for sure. What you eat is also very important, try to eat more produce and less meat and fats(almond, Alvarado and fish are good fats) Zinc is important for healthy skin too.

A dermatologist can help even the surface of your skin. Insurance won't cover the cost though since it is a cosmetic procedure. You also have to find a dermatolgist who does cosmetic procedures. There are no products you can buy that will fill in scars.

February 16, 2014 Flag

Once I had a pimple on my face and I squeezed it. It went on spreading and now I have too many big dark spots. Please help me.

By Chaitanya from India

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

After you wash your face at night, put Milk of Magnesia on you face. Let it dry and leave it on overnight. The dark spots should fade in time. This is a cheap remedy and works very well.

May 1, 2014 Flag

What will I do to remove my blackheads and pimples, holes, and spots coz I have had many pimples before and I look terrible now because of this.

By annesian17 from Cebu City Philippine

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I don't know any inexpensive remedies. A Dermatologist has many ways to improve skin scarred by acne, but it will be somewhat expensive.

July 3, 2011 Flag

Is there any cream to clear up the marks from pimples?

By Riyaz K.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Yeah. Lots of cream offer in the market but I suggest to consult to your dermatologist so that she/he advice you on what cream best for you.

Neutrogina Rapid Clear 2 in 1 Fight & Fade Gel is excellent. Or anything that contains salicylic acid and glycolic acid if you can find a generic product.

March 14, 2011 Flag

Is cocoa butter safe to use on sensitive skin for acne scars and normal scars?

By Sally from Scotland

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi Sally. I must have missed this post earlier, sorry for such a late response.

The problem with sensitive skin is that what may be sensitive to my skin many be just fine for your skin. I can and do use cocoa butter and yes it does help with non acne scars (and especially works well to moisturize dry skin from my neck, down). However, I can't use it on facial acne scars as it's too oily for my face and causes more breakouts.

I don't know of any source that claims cocoa butter is harmful for human skin (then again, I don't know everything - darn!) but if I were you I would just experiment on small sections of skin and see how your skin reacts to such.

Wish I had a more definitive answer, but this is the best I can share. Good luck and I hope it works for you.

Another good remedy would be to use aloe Vera, pure if possible, if not use some store bought one like banana boats one (it works great for me anyway). It kinda dries out your acne but not the rest of your face. Give it a try, hope this helps.

December 8, 2009 Flag

I have a lot of scars on my face from pimples. Does anyone know how to get rid of them? My face is very sensitive. Thanks a lot!

By Ashley from Philadelphia, PA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I found a great product to lighten acne scars. There is a psoriasis gel over the counter in the pharmacy section. It works for acne, and other skin problems. It has salicylic acid in it, and it fades stuff!

I recently had surgery for a brown recluse spider bite, and after the place healed, I had a HUGE scar! I read about the benifits of Tea Tree Oil and I mixed about 3 drops with some Canola Oil and have been applying it once a day. My scar is shrinking and fading every day. My daughter had a few bad chicken pox scars, so we tried this blend on them, and they too are shrinking! Hope this helps!

September 9, 2011 Flag

I am 22 and have a dark complexion. I have old, black, acne scars on my face. My face is not too oily, rather it is dry and whiteheads occur often. My skin is sensitive and prone to acne. There is also acne on my scalp. When I use medicated anti dandruff shampoo it's removed, but occurs again after a day. I want to remove the scars and improve my complexion without medicine or lasers. Is olive oil good for acne prone skin? Please suggest a solution.

By Tazeen

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

When I was in my late twenties an old black woman gave me a tiny piece of aluminum foil with a dab of zinc oxide in it. She told me to dab any zit when it first appeared and it would clear up without developing into a pimple. It worked for me. I'm now 62 and still use it if I have the beginning signs of a pimple. If you have a severe problem, you might try doing what I do to prevent a cold or other virus.

I know this sounds unrelated, but just follow me here. When I have the first symptom of a cold, I take two 50 milligram zinc tablets (available in 50 mg tablets only, over the counter at grocery and drug stores). You MUST take them with food or you will develop a severe stomach ache. I take two tablets (total of 100 mg) for 3 to 4 days in a row and my cold or virus symptoms just go away. I can't say pimples are a virus, but if zinc oxide works on them, then I would suggest you invest in some zinc tablets and try taking 100 mg each day for 3 to 4 days and then cut back to one (50 mg) a day for a week or so and then just take one every three to four days, maybe even once a week and see if that clears you up and keeps you from having any more pimples.

I don't think it will help whiteheads and certainly won't help scars, but vitamin E is supposed to be good to put on scars so that they fade. I have whiteheads and I seriously think I would have far less is I drank enough water. They appear to be really thick oil from your pores and it gets so thick it can no longer seep out and just builds up under the skin. These are just some suggestions and they would be pretty cheap. Remember, zinc oxide (found in diaper rash cream), zinc tablets, and vitamin E. Taking zinc at the first sign of coming down with a cold or sinus infection has worked for me for years. You might never have another cold if you regularly take zinc. My multiple vitamin has s o m e, but I'd suggest taking extra, but don't forget to eat first.

January 21, 2009 Flag

Do Ambi products help get rid of acne scars?

Shameka from Milwaukee, WI

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 8, 2009 Flag

I have one month left until my wedding. What care should I take in this one month, and how do I lighten my pimple scars on my face? Please help me out.

Fahni

Answers:

Lighten Pimp Scars in a Month

Squeeze juice out of half a lemon, warm it up, and add half a teaspoon of eau de cologne to it. Apply this on the face. Let dry. And wash off with plain water after about an hour.

Do this once every day. (I've tried it, and it works!) All the best! (10/03/2007)

By GK

Lighten Pimp Scars in a Month

The best tactic at this point is to find some really good concealer. (There are even ones made for burn scars, so you should be able to find something.) Perhaps it would be worth visiting a makeup artist, or just going to several department store counters for make-overs. Or try what is on the market now. If your skin is still oily, you would want something without oil in it. Usually if the mark is darker, you apply lighter concealer to even it out. Then cover/blend with makeup and powder. (10/03/2007)

By pamphyila

Lighten Pimple Scars

Well this is probably a late entry, but for people out there that want to get rid of pimples and pimple scars, here are the best tactics.

I've been researching about hair and skin products for a very long time. I have tried many different brands of over the counter remedies and prescriptions. The best thing that works for me is every morning and night to use some kind of face cleanser. I use Clearasil. Then when you take a shower, wash your face with a light soap and then scrub your face gently with a blackhead eliminator. I use Neutrogena. Try not to use lotions on your face too much, because the oils gather in your pores. Oh, and never pinch your pimples. It may seem like a quick fix but it only makes an ugly scar and makes it spread! (10/04/2007)

By SustaindbyJesus

Lighten Pimple Scars

You can get a small bottle of vitamin E oil somewhere such as Wal-Mart. It is only about $2-3. You could poke a small hole in a vitamin E capsule if you'd rather. Just rub a bit on the scar at least daily. You'll see a big difference soon! I use it all the time on those pesky burn lines from the oven racks that I always seem to have on my arm. No lingering scars from them though! (10/05/2007)

By Leigh Ann

Lighten Pimple Scars

Vitamin E liquid is the perfect natural solution. Skin craves Vitamin E, as it's very moisturizing and healing. (10/05/2007)

By swtp2006

Lighten Pimple Scars

If you have a month, you can do what I do. First, I wash my face every night with a face wash that contains benzoil peroxide. Then I use a triple antibiotic ointment on every scar, and it really does make a big difference. I have even compared the scars with and without the ointment and you can definitely tell the difference. (10/05/2007)

By kimmcg

Lighten Pimple Scars

Vitamin E Oil is the best option. Regular use will lighten the scars. You can also use Lemon Juice and orange juice. Mix them together and apply on your face. Rinse off after 20 minutes. (10/23/2007)

By lifeisbeautiful

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 12, 2009 Flag

Looking for ways to remove holes in the face caused by pimples.

Sita

Answers:

Pimple Marks on My Face

Have you tried hemorrhoid cream? I know that it reduces redness from pimples, and shrinks things. Maybe it would work? Don't know, but thought I'd at least give my advice. Good luck. (05/13/2008)

By Tammy

Pimple Marks on My Face

Where would anyone get fresh dairy cream? Try:1 tsp. fresh dairy cream mixed with 1/2 tsp. lemon juice will guarantee spotless skin in a months time. (05/14/2008)

Pimple Marks on My Face

Olive oil. Also, its good for all over. (05/19/2008)

By Mary

Pimple Marks on My Face

Before bedtime, half tablespoon of lemon and water and quarter of salt. Mix it. Wash your face with warm water. Make sure you apply that on a dry face. Keep it away from the eyes. Rub it, not too hard though. Doing it so, can cause skin break outs. Keep it on for 2 to 3 minutes after rubbing. Then rinse your face with cold water, but not too cold. Wait for half an hour. Then apply any cream with vitamin E to make it soft. Drink lots of water. And wash your face when it's dusty. (11/13/2008)

By Gunda

Pimple Marks on My Face

The best thing is take a few basil leaves, and a few mint leaves. Mix them with curd and make it a paste, and apply it before bed time. In early morning remove the face pack. It really makes pimple marks disappear. I had a lot of marks due to pimples. After trying out this tip, all my worries are gone, and I am looking good now. Please follow this. This is one of the best home made remedies for marks. Try it out. (12/26/2008)

By sandhya

Pimple Marks on My Face

Yes, it is really true, one should have lots of green vegetables and fruits. Retinol A 0.5% helps me out from pimple marks. And to have good looking skin, one should not only consider what you put on your face, it's all about what we eat. Eat boiled vegetables, especially during menstruation. And no oil, this also will help (my personal experience). (02/10/2009)

By wakambam

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 9, 2008 Flag

I have lots of pimple marks on my face. Is there a homemade recipe for curing them faster?

Sood

Answers:

Pimple Marks on My Face

Have you tried vitamin E oil? Just open a vitamin E oil capsule and smear the oil on about an hour before bedtime. This works slowly to remove scar tissue. You could also try giving yourself facials with aloe vera. It's neat stuff. The best thing is prevention. Are you eating lots of veggies and drinking lots of water so you can clean out your system? Do you have a food allergy? (For my uncle it was dairy products, and he really had serious acne with boils). Good health, anyway you can get it, is priceless! Good luck! (01/06/2007)

By coreenhart

Pimple Marks on My Face

1 tsp fresh dairy cream mixed with 1/2 tsp lemon juice will guarantee spotless skin in a months time. I was suffering from pimple scarring and marks for 15 years. This recipe smooths, clears and treats acne skin miraculously. Apply on skin and neck for 1/2 hour. Splash water on face. Using cotton wool or a washcloth, gently remove the citric cream. Rinse with cold water. You may use Dove soap as a final cleansing agent. Occasionally, substitute lemon juice with cider vinegar. Use twice a week. (01/14/2007)

By Nasira

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Teenager Holding His Hair Up to Show Acne on Forehead
Acne Remedies
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care Acne TreatmentJuly 24, 2013
Upper half of a woman's face with the word acne written above it
Home Remedies for Acne
Lemon Juice for Acne Scars
Lemon Juice for Acne Scars
Woman applying acne cream to her face.
Homemade Acne Cream Recipes
Woman looking in the mirror while touching her skin.
Remedies for Adult Acne
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 27, 2017 at 5:10:27 PM on 10.0.1.252 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.