Browsing: Remedies for Acne Scars

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Remedies for Acne Scars

It is a challenge to be self confident if you feel your complexion doesn't match your self image. This guide is about remedies for acne scars.

Acne Scars
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

January 7, 2007 Flag

I have pimples on my head and I am addicted to popping them. They leave scars that are darker than my skin on my forehead. I was wondering if these scars are permanent or do they go away if they go away? Is there something I need to do for that to happen?

Shelby

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Don't use chemicals as listed. These will not suit your skin. Do a natural facial twice a week at home. Use apricot scrub on your face and keep on rubbing slightly for 10 min. Scars will definitely go away. Scrubbing removes dead cells on your face. I had scars 1 year ago and now they are gone.

Best Answer

As far as I know they just fade and keep getting lighter and lighter my mom has them on her face. Just remember looks are not everything. Who cares if you have little scaring, you are still beautiful.

Best Answer

I had started breaking out badly on my face since last summer. And I tried the Clearasil Ultra and it is great. My acne is not completely gone, but it greatly improved. There is no need for micro-dermabrasion. Use granulated sugar it gives you the same smoothness and results.

Best Answer

Ask your doctor to prescribe you Retinol-A, it cost me about 50-70 USD but it was worth it. It makes your skin come off faster opening up pores so that acne goes away and layers of scar come off too. Also, always use a moisturizer like Aveno after you have a night of Retinol-A on because the dry skin comes up and you have flaky white stuff on your face. To prevent the dry skin from showing, always have a moisturizer.

This usually gets rid of acne in a month and scars get lighter and eventually go away.

Read More Answers...

January 31, 2011 Flag

How can you get rid of acne scarring quickly?

By Kim from VA

Best Answer

Suadh, I use Proactiv, it prevents new acne and after about 2 weeks of use the old scars were barely noticeable. It is about $50 for a 2month supply, but defintely worth the money. Make sure that if you purchase this product that you get the "refining mask" (6% sulfur) you will notice a difference on how your face feels the very next day.

Best Answer

When I was in my 20's I had this problem. I used a regular old lemon, cut it and rub it on your face several times a day, don't rinse it off. It will take a couple weeks before you notice and change. Keep it up. You'll have a clean feeling face and the lemon will eventually lighten the scars to almost nothing. It worked for me. I'm 62 and have a smooth clear looking face. try it lemons are pretty cheap. It'll also work on any scar on your body.

Best Answer

Some scars go away and some don't, but the process involved is the shedding of the old cells and growing of new ones to replace the scar tissue. As I've gotten older my skin "turns over" more slowly. So I help it along by using a facial scrub (baking soda) about twice a week to encourage the old cells to slough off.

The lemon juice mentioned here probably has a similar effect, plus a gentle lightening effect.

The quickest way to have any scar removed, and of course this depends on what kind of scar it is. But if you have an indented spot, or a white wide scar on the skin, having that spot excised, then a single stitch or two to bring the skin back together where it was cut out, will take it right out. Of course you'll be left with a tiny small hairline scar, but that might be easier to conceal than a "pitted or deep lined scar".

If the scar is "white" no product to date can put melanocytes (skin cells that contain the color of our skin) back into the skin. So removing it (by excision) can make it smaller. Excisions can also close up and dents or holes in the skin.

Read More Answers...

August 12, 2009 Flag

My face is full of pimple marks and small holes in my face. Please, does anyone know of any treatment? I would also like information on creams or soaps that would help with my skin. Thank you.

bhagavathi

Best Answer

I don't know about the holes, but I use to have terrible acne. What I have recently found that a mild acid helps to exfoliate your skin. Use white vinegar. Make a 10% solution to start with & put it in a bottle that you can use to put it on your fingers or a cotton ball, I use my fingers, spread it around & let dry. 10% vinegar is mixed like 1 tsp. vinegar, 9 tsp. water. Then each time you make more, make it stronger till it's some where between 50-100%. It's a very cheap alpha hydroxy. Your skin may flake, then just wash again & do the same. You want it to peal, this gets rid of the top layers of your skin.

I also, for about 30yrs used this cloth, to wash my body & face called a salux cloth, that's made out of nylon/polester. It never needs washing & rinses really fast. Just in the beginning, you have to wash really softly, cause this thing gets rid of old skin, dirt & anything else on the surface of the skin. I know most people think you shouldn't use rough stuff on your skin, but that dead skin on the surface causes the skin to b dull, & hold onto marks & light scars. The salux lasts for years & dries fast. They are 12" x 36". I hang it on the shower head or a hook to let dry between uses. I fold them up till they are the size of wash cloth, lather with favorite soap (it makes good lather) & scrub everywhere & then open to scrub my back.

After your skin gets used to it, it feels so good & my skin is soft & supple. People comment on it all the time. They sell these clothes under many names, but the original salux is the best. I've gotten them at health food stores & whole foods places. I just looked & found them on the net: http://www.asiachi.com/saluxskincloth.html It's the original and cheap too. When they start to get ragged, I've used them for dishes & many other things. I took an old one & cut it in 12" squares & sewed the edge to stop raveling, then use it as a wash cloth to wash my face with in the morning. You can actually see through these things, so they don't hang onto dirt or anything. Everyone should try one, and like I said, go easy in the beginning, it's something you have to get use to, but after you do, you won't feel clean using anything else.

Best Answer

I would need more info on your skin type to say how to best prevent pimples, also what kind of acne you have problems with. Obviously washing the face and neck regularly is important, but don't over wash, same goes for exfoliating. Moisturize even if you have oily skin. Many fruits and veg's are great for the skin pureed and applied as a skin treatment mask for 10-20 minutes. Wash with warm water, finish with cool water, and moisturizer. I have several different skin treatments I make, if your'e interested I can give the recipes.

As for covering the scars; truth is you can't vanish them magically, medically call a dermatologist, if you can't afford one, you can also try a chemical peel, but it won't completely fix them, depending on the severity it may not be possible. If you want to cover the scars try a mineral make-up, It works well for me, covers better than foundation, concealer and powder. and less work for sure. What you eat is also very important, try to eat more produce and less meat and fats(almond, Alvarado and fish are good fats) Zinc is important for healthy skin too.

A dermatologist can help even the surface of your skin. Insurance won't cover the cost though since it is a cosmetic procedure. You also have to find a dermatolgist who does cosmetic procedures. There are no products you can buy that will fill in scars.

First I'd advice you to go to the dermatologist (sp?) because you may have a serious condition going there and an infection. I was thinking I just had redness on my skin from left over acne, I have the other problem can't remember the name sorry, I have had so many problems lately. But I have to use dermatologist approved ointment for it. It contains some antioxidants in it.

If you want to try to get rid of it yourself. I've used Aveeno, they seem to take care of most of my situation but the dr said I was getting such a bad case it caused an infection. Not a result from the lotion. So it's best to go see the Dr first.

It's safer and you'll have a prettier face instead of screwing it all up.

February 16, 2014 Flag

Once I had a pimple on my face and I squeezed it. It went on spreading and now I have too many big dark spots. Please help me.

By Chaitanya from India

Best Answer

After you wash your face at night, put Milk of Magnesia on you face. Let it dry and leave it on overnight. The dark spots should fade in time. This is a cheap remedy and works very well.

May 1, 2014 Flag

What will I do to remove my blackheads and pimples, holes, and spots coz I have had many pimples before and I look terrible now because of this.

By annesian17 from Cebu City Philippine

I don't know any inexpensive remedies. A Dermatologist has many ways to improve skin scarred by acne, but it will be somewhat expensive.

March 14, 2011 Flag

Is cocoa butter safe to use on sensitive skin for acne scars and normal scars?

August 23, 2012 Flag

This guide is about lemon juice for acne scars. Facial scars from blemishes can be hard to live with.

Lemon Juice for Acne Scars

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care Acne TreatmentJuly 24, 2013
A girl looking in the mirror and using a medicated pad to treat acne.
Preventing Acne Scars
Lemon Juice for Acne Scars
Lemon Juice for Acne Scars
Woman applying acne cream to her face.
Homemade Acne Cream Recipes
Teenager Holding His Hair Up to Show Acne on Forehead
Acne Remedies
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 5:11:25 PM on 10.0.0.143 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.