Scars From Acne?

How can you get rid of acne scarring quickly?

By Kim from VA

Best Answer

Suadh, I use Proactiv, it prevents new acne and after about 2 weeks of use the old scars were barely noticeable. It is about $50 for a 2month supply, but defintely worth the money. Make sure that if you purchase this product that you get the "refining mask" (6% sulfur) you will notice a difference on how your face feels the very next day.

Best Answer

When I was in my 20's I had this problem. I used a regular old lemon, cut it and rub it on your face several times a day, don't rinse it off. It will take a couple weeks before you notice and change.

Keep it up. You'll have a clean feeling face and the lemon will eventually lighten the scars to almost nothing. It worked for me. I'm 62 and have a smooth clear looking face. try it lemons are pretty cheap. It'll also work on any scar on your body.

Best Answer

Some scars go away and some don't, but the process involved is the shedding of the old cells and growing of new ones to replace the scar tissue. As I've gotten older my skin "turns over" more slowly. So I help it along by using a facial scrub (baking soda) about twice a week to encourage the old cells to slough off.

The lemon juice mentioned here probably has a similar effect, plus a gentle lightening effect.

You're kidding, right? There is no quick remedy. I'm 61 years old and have suffered from acne since I was a little girl. The best product to fight acne breakouts is Proactiv. If you have scarring, you just need to learn to live with it. I've tried everything from surgical microdermabrasion done in a hospital by a doctor (twice), a half facelift to stretch them out, collagen injections, cosmetic dermabrasion done in a spa/salon setting, chemicals, acids, peels, scrubs, changing my diet, taking accutane, and using prescription creams (all of them - literally), and probably every over the counter acne product ever put on the shelves in the United States.

You name it and I've done it. I've seen small improvement over the years mostly from the surgical dermabrasion, but the scars are still there. The best thing I did was learning to love myself. Use Proactive to prevent breakouts, don't squeeze them when you do breakout, don't touch your face with your hands throughout the day.

The quickest way to have any scar removed, and of course this depends on what kind of scar it is. But if you have an indented spot, or a white wide scar on the skin, having that spot excised, then a single stitch or two to bring the skin back together where it was cut out, will take it right out. Of course you'll be left with a tiny small hairline scar, but that might be easier to conceal than a "pitted or deep lined scar".

If the scar is "white" no product to date can put melanocytes (skin cells that contain the color of our skin) back into the skin. So removing it (by excision) can make it smaller. Excisions can also close up and dents or holes in the skin.

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care Acne TreatmentJanuary 31, 2011
😷
📓
🌻
😎
🐛
Generated 2020-07-24 00:28:12 in 874 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf83142842.tip.html