Remedies for Itchy Ears

Ears can itch for a variety of reasons. This guide is about remedies for itchy ears.

A woman with itchy ears.
Filter Sort

Question: Relief for Itchy Ears

By Chelz 1

I have a terrible itch deep inside my ear canal and ear drum. I went to the ENT but he insisted my ears were fine. What can I do about this itch? I've tried peroxide with no results.

By Chelz from IL

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Vicj 1 Flag

I have pinpointed my itchy ears to an intollerance to legumes. Beans, peas and sometimes corn--especially corn starch. Also if I eat too much peanut butter. I tried to go veg once and replace my meat protein with beans but, my ears ended up so weepy, itchy and crusty that I had to stop. My mother also suffered from weepy, itchy ears all her life and never figured it out. She came from a large southern family that ate losts of beans and peas daily. Try eliminating them from your diet for a week and see if things improve then, add them back in and see what happens. Check bread for soy ingredients as well. I can still eat them but, not everyday, just a few times a week--spaced out. Good luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Drops for Treating Itchy Ears

By irebel 1

I was finding that every time I came out of a shower, my ears would itch like crazy. They would even start to hurt after awhile. I had been getting ear aches for over 2 years now. I went to the doctor but they were no help; a bunch of pills and a empty wallet and still no help.

After reading hundreds of web pages and articles, I came across a site that kind of described my symptoms. I found out it was similar to summer ear. Then, after scouting around, I decided to try this.

I mix 1 part vinegar to 1 part isopropyl alcohol. With a eye dropper, I put 1 drop into each ear. I think the alcohol evaporates any water and the vinegar prevents bacteria from starting. I couldn't believe how fast it worked for me. I have no more ear aches! After, if I find my ear feel itchy, I put polysporin on a Q-tip to put inside my ears.

One more thing, I find that when I get that itchy ear feeling again if I plug my nose and blow. It usually helps. Don't blow so hard until your ear drums pop, that's not good. Just blow hard enough until you feel and hear the air in your ears. It doesn't last forever but it does give you relief for awhile.

I believe most of all of these symptoms are all cause from allergies and all the pollution out there. No wonder there are so many people coming down with allergies and lung problems. I don't see it getting better any day soon either. I hope this helps someone. Good luck!

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Treating Red and Itchy Outer Ears

By VIV 1

The outside of my ears is red and very itchy. I have never had this before and am not sure what to treat them with. Any ideas?

By Viv from UK

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Sherri 10 551 Flag

Have you thought about going to a Doctor?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Caring for Itchy Ears With Lots of Wax

By James 1

My ear is always itchy. When I scratch it, the inside makes a squeaky noise. I've cleaned them with a Q-Tip and there is a lot of wax, and there is always more. I've cleaned them so much, that eventually what seems to be blood appears on the end of the Q-Tip. I have no health insurance, and was wondering if anyone knew what this was, or if it was dangerous?

By James from Niles, MI

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Carol Churchill 18 116 Flag

Never put a q-tip in your ear! I always dried my ears with a q-tip, until a very small thread of cotton was left inside and caused a tumor and an abscess inside the ear. I was screaming with pain! The tumor had to be removed surgically. My dr diagnosed eczema in the ear as the cause of the itching and prescribed ear drops. Since you do not have medical aid, maybe you could consult a clinic or a pharmacy. Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Use T-Gel For Itching Ears

By Frank Rizo 1

I felt an annoying tickling in my right ear. An ENT specialist told me it was eczema and prescribed a steroidal ointment No relief. My dermatologist diagnosed it as psoriasis and suggested I try T-Gel, a shampoo I had been using for itching of my scalp and dandruff in mustache and eyebrows. T-Gel has been working perfectly. No more tickling sensation. Apply with Q-tip as directed.

By Rosgem from San Antonio, TX

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Remedies for Itchy Ears With Discharge

My ears are itching and now secreting water and blood. What should I do?

By Shalene

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Elaine Hiatt 9 Flag

You probably have a ear canal infection. Go to doctor.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Itchy Ears and Throat

My right ear is itching so badly it is driving me crazy. It feels like in the middle of my ear all the way down my throat the side, but the back of my of my throat hurts really badly to swallow. It feels like I swallowed a briar patch. And my other ear is beginning to do the same thing. Before my ears and throat began itching I had a headache for over 2 weeks and it is trying to ease up, but still there. Can you please give me any advice to relieve the pain and especially the itch.

By Jennifer from Louisville, KY

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B. 6 2,509 Flag

Go to a doctor. This is not something that you should be dealing with after two weeks. I know here in Canada, we can go for medical care when we need it, and money is not an issue. However, even if you are in the US, there must be some free clinics or low cost places that you can go, if money is an issue. If money is not an issue, get to the doctor today!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Can Cleaning Your Ears Affect Your Eyes?

Can things from your ear leak into your eyes? I want to try the ear-cleaning hydrogen peroxide method, but am slightly freaked out that it might leak into my eyes. I know this sounds kind of dumb, but sometimes if I get a gum infection my eyes wind up getting it somehow too. So I'm wondering if the ears are connected as well since there are EENT doctors. Thanks.

By JayJay

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By susan 8 1,368 Flag

When you get a gum infection, the the tooth's root goes up into the sinus cavity where the eye socket also is. I always have eye problems when I get a sinus infection. Your ear canal does not connect with your eyes in any way. The eustacion tube (in the ear) drains into your throat. Never use hydrogen peroxide in the ear if you have an ear infection. An ENT is a ear, nose, and throat specialist, not an eye doctor.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Remedy for Itchy Waxy Ears

I get really waxy ears, the wax is wet not dry and there's so much of it, it sometimes over flows my inner ear. My ears also get quite itchy, not all the time just sometimes and sometimes my ears may feel like they've got a throbbing pain, rarely though.

I've tried Otex ear drops which didn't work, I've had my ears syringed last year which made them feel sore for weeks afterward. What ear drops can I use to get rid of excess wax and stop the infernal itching? I'm in UK.

Thanks.

By Louise

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Frugal Sunnie 11 1,695 Flag

I'm in the UK too. Otex did nothing for me when I had a similar problem (that turned out to be a fungus I picked up whilst in Central America - have you been on holiday to a tropical or semi-tropical country?).

It took years to figure out and then only because I read something in a travel mag about tourists returning home with a little extra unwanted 'souvenir' like a fungus. I took the article into the GP appointment with me and from there the GP sorted it. He took a scraping (painless), sent it off for culturing, and once the results came back he was able to put me on the proper meds.

Ask the Boots chemist for advice but what you really need is to be seen at the GP surgery.

I was on the anti-fungal medication for nearly two years but it was so worth it - such a relief to be rid of that condition. I hope whatever it turns out to be is quickly sorted for you!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Remedy for Itchy Ears

My left ear is itchy because I have a cold and I don't know how to make my inner ear canal stop itching and hurting. Help!

By Stella L from Portland, OR

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Health & Beauty Home RemediesJuly 22, 2013
    ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
    Woman with Itchy Scalp
    Remedies for Itchy Scalp
    Dog With Itchy Ears
    Remedies for a Dog With Itchy Ears
    child rubbing eyes
    Remedies for Itchy Eyes
    Arm With Hives
    Remedies for Hives
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:21:25 AM on 10.0.0.34 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsQuestions
    NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
    Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
    BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
    CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings