Remedies for Itchy Eyes

Category Home Remedies
Allergies and pollutants can cause itchy eyes. This is a guide about remedies for itchy eyes.

It's allergy season for me and I have found that the ointment used for styes helps the area inside my inflamed eye lids (I also put petroleum jelly on my upper eye lid). Medicated eye drops have to be used sparingly - but you can use regular Murine as often as you like to rinse out your eyes - so check the label.)

By Pam from Los Angeles

Petroleum jelly is a hydrocarbon & can be used safely on cars, not on the human body. This goes into yor body & causes problems. Your skin is a most porous thing, don't put anything on it that is a poison, it will absorb it & can be very hard for your body to get rid of.

My eyes get very itchy during allergy season, despite eye drops. I find cold tea helps when all else fails. I usually put on cold tea compresses or use cotton balls but, during the day, it seems to help to use cold tea applied with an eye dropper. It really eases those inflamed tender tissues around the eyes. Note: you have to make a fresh batch daily, this will not keep.

By Pamphyila from Los Angeles

I need this hint, so could you please clarify - do you put the cold tea IN your eyes with the eyedropper or do you put it around your eyes? I've heard of putting cold teabags on your eyes to get rid of swelling and bags under your eyes. Thanks.