Remedies for Seasonal Allergies

Category Home Remedies
Getting relief from the running nose and itchy eyes of hay fever is the goal. This guide is about remedies for seasonal allergies.

I suffer from hay fever. Sometimes not too bad, other times worse. The pharmaceutical tablets are quite expensive. Many years ago I read about a singer who was recommended this remedy and I tried it. It works for me.

The Remedy:

Ground Fenugreek Seeds. Natural state they look like little rocks, ground they are a pale yellow powder. Go to a health food store to ensure what you buy is organic, non sprayed, etc.

Usage

1 level teaspoon in mug - fill with boiling water - add bit of sugar if you can't bear the taste! Wait a couple of minutes as it will gel and settle and drink this until you get to the gel part. Discard that down the sink. Tastes like a mild curry.

I found this truly helpful and so cheap - buy about 2 cups worth and it will last a long time. I have not used this more than once a day, but also have not used it for more than a week consecutively.

However, I do have the pharmacy stuff to take with me when I go out as a backup. Stop sneezing and wiping nose, hey! Cheers.

Caution: Whenever I recommend something like this, I have of course tested it on myself. If you have allergies or something else about digestion, etc., perhaps try 1/4 teaspoon and see how you go.