Treating Dogs With Seasonal Allergies

My dogs have allergies about this time of the year. What do I do?

By Chris

Answers

You might find this link helpful, I found it a great source of information.
www.greatdanelady.com/.../systemic_yeast_mini_course.htm
Blessings,
Robyn

Years ago I had a dog who had severe grass allergies, and would scratch her belly constantly until the hair was gone and the skin was raw. I couldn't let her stay outside except to go potty, for fear she would lie down in the grass and/or roll and start itching everywhere that had com into contact with the grass. I then started adding local honey (from an nearby orchard) mixed with a bit of apple cider vinegar to her dry food (the honey was too thick by itself, and the ACV has some benefits of its own). I started that in March and continued until around September. After that she had no problems. I initially tried it 'cause I figured if it didn't help, it would hurt her (hated to always give prednisone for the itching). Might be worth a try.

I give my dogs childrens benadryl (liquid). just call and ask your veterinarian the amount for your dog size. It was my vet that gave me the ok to give to my dogs. My dogs take it almost daily during seasonal allergy times. I just mix it in their wet food at dinner time. They do have a version at walmarts that is in pill form. You just cut it according to your dog weight. You can put it in a piece of cheese or meat.

Answer this Question

2 More Questions

I have a 3 month old Shih Tzu. She has had a antibiotic shot and is taking oral prednisone. She is still has a stuffy nose and her breathing is a little rapid. What is going on?

Answer this Question

The first step in treating a dog that seems to have allergies is to determine what they are allergic to. Dogs can develop allergies to their food, as well as experience allergic reactions to fleas, household products, etc. Once the cause is known then the best solution(s) can be tried. You will also want to treat the skin damage done by licking and scratching.

A dog scratching his ears outside.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Pets Dogs HealthFebruary 13, 2013
👒
🌻
🐛
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Treating-Dogs-With-Seasonal-Allergies.html