Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Remedies for Sweaty Hands

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Sweaty Hand

Sweaty palms or palmoplantar hyperhidrosis often begins around 13 and continues throughout life. While embarrassing, medical treatment and self care can help alleviate the symptoms. This is a guide about remedies for sweaty hands.

Solutions: Remedies for Sweaty Hands

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Help with Sweaty Palms

If you have trouble with sweaty palms, a squirt of antiperspirant deodorant to them will help alleviate the problem.

By Robin

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Remedies for Sweaty Hands.

Question: Remedy for Sweaty Hands

My hands sweat way too much and no one understands the problem unless they go through it. I would really appreciate it if you guys could give me some helpful suggestions that stop sweaty hands permanently. I know a lot of you guys ask questions like this, so please reply asap. Thanks!

By Maria

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B. [5]05/20/2013

I would also suggest Drysol. Ask your pharmacist to get it for you if it is not in the store. It should be in the antiperspirant section.

Question: Help With Sweaty Palms

What are the best solutions to help an 8 year old with excessively sweaty hands?

By Karin from FL

Most Recent Answer

By andersonpsg02/05/2011

There is a treatment that helps with sweaty hands & feet. My son (now 15) suffers from hyperhidrosis & has since a baby, just not diagnosed until around age 10. Some insurance companies consider it experimental, but will consider paying for it after trying clinical strength antiperspirant, then Drysol (Rx). It's called "iontophoresis". The dermatologist & rheumatologist both recommended this as the next step but neither could tell me how to get the treatment. I searched for several months & finally found a connection to it with physical therapists. Apparently they use it for arthritis, etc. I checked with a local PT & she agreed to help us.

There are 2 different types of iontophoresis treatments, one using patches with a solution & the other uses tap water...submerge your hands/feet in the water & it runs electrical currents, using the minerals in the water to control the sweating. We tried the patches with the PT, 3x's a week & gradually reduced to 1x per week. The only problem w/ the patch is it only worked where the patch was. Since this is a lifetime treatment (just reduces amount of treatments needed), we eventually purchased the water machine to use at home. It covers the entire areas & has worked great (when we actually get my son to sit long enough to do the treatment...lol). I really hope this information will help others with this horrible problem!

Question: Sweaty Palms and Feet

My 12-year-old has a problem with sweaty palms and feet. This has been a problem since she was a baby. At 12 she is embarrassed by the problem. She constantly has to wipe her hands while writing, drawing, using the computer, etc. She is unable to wear most sandals and some styles of shoes because of the build up of moisture on her soles. Does anyone have a solution to her problem?

ddavisgray from Texas

Most Recent Answer

By Mark Joseph Barcelo C.03/25/2013

I suggest to use drysol or milcu powder. I used that for a months and it is very effective.