Remedies for Weak and Thin Fingernails

I have a really bad habit of biting my nails. They are really thin and don't grow at all. Does anyone know some home remedies to get my nails to grow and be the healthy, beautiful nails that I have never had?

By Ashley from Philadelphia, PA

Answers:

Remedies for Weak and Thin Fingernails

Been there, done that. I picked up the nasty, dirty habit from my mother. She bit her fingernails all her life. Being the little girl that I was, I mimicked her.

I'm now in my 60's and I've made it a point to stop biting my nails. I keep my hands busy crocheting or either knitting something so I'm not tempted to bite them.

Here's a website that I think will help you.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/brittle-fingernails-causes.html (12/08/2009)

By MCW

Remedies for Weak and Thin Fingernails

Keep "Hard as nails "polish on them and take your 1 a day vitamin at least 2 times a week, or more if you can. They make my head hurt if I take more. Good luck. (12/08/2009)

By kffrmw88

Remedies for Weak and Thin Fingernails

I found that adding fiber to my diet really helped my brittle, peeling fingernails. They look good now. I take a glass of Metamucil every day too. (12/10/2009)

By catastrofy

Remedies for Weak and Thin Fingernails

I am 57 and it wasn't until recently that my nails became much more hard and not brittle. It's from not having enough stomach acid to dissolve the minerals in your food, so it can get into your system. There are probably other things going on, cause it effects every part of the body, from your skin, all the way to your marrow. Do some research on the net. (12/10/2009)

By c t

Remedies for Weak and Thin Fingernails

My nails split, peeled and were thin, then my doctor suggested I take a One-a-day vitamin in the morning and 1 in the evening. The vitamins were for another purpose, but they did wonders for my nails. (12/10/2009)

By antique person

Remedies for Weak and Thin Fingernails

I had an overactive thyroid. When I had that taken care of, the nails then got very strong. Have your thyroid checked. Also, calcium helps. (12/11/2009)

By Mary C.

Remedies for Weak and Thin Fingernails

My hair stylist was giving me advice on growing out my hair. He said to take a biotin supplement (I found it at the drug store). He told me I would notice a difference in my nails first. I have been taking it for about a month and my nails do seem to be growing a little faster than normal. (12/12/2009)

By jj007

Remedies for Weak and Thin Fingernails

Garlic! My dad finally got me to use it so I would stop biting my nails and it works! Been using it for years. Get one clove and press your nails in it. If your nails are not long enough, make a little slit on it so that the juice gets on your nails. Get the garlic juice all over your nails. Leave on for at least 10 minutes, but I would leave it on for longer so that you don't bite them. I do this about once a week now that my nails are strong, but for starters I would do it every day for at least 2 weeks. I also use clear garlic nail polish, about $2 in the beauty supply store. Hope this helps. (12/27/2009)

By yessy1019

Weak and Thin Fingernails
Remedies for Weak and Thin Fingernails
Remedies for Brittle Fingernails
Remedies for Brittle Fingernails
Faux Fingernails
Using Faux Fingernails
Facial Wart
Facial Wart Remedies
A woman looking at the ends of her damaged hair.
Remedies for Thin Hair
🎉
🎄