Growing Long Fingernails

Category Nail Tips
It is sometimes difficult to grow long fingernails; they are subject to heredity and daily use that can cause breakage. This is a guide about growing long fingernails.

How do you get your nails to grow without chemicals?

Answers

Best Answer

I did hair and nails for years and here are some tips I know helps my nails to grow:

1. Every time you get your hands wet be sure to dry them off and while doing so, take the time to push the cuticle back on each finger.
2. Rub lotion on your cuticle all the time to keep them soft. In doing so, your helping the blood circulation for healthy nails.

My Mother always told me that water helps nails to grow. Therefore, I was excited to wash the dishes every night. Of course, this made Mom happy, so I don't know if it's really the water or drying your nails properly or the lotion that helped, but that is what I do and I have nice nails.

Good luck,
Kreatvmuzk in Colorado

Best Answer

Instead of incomplete protein from gelatin, just go with good nutrition with enough complete protein from meats, legumes, dairy, eggs, and so on. Everyone's nails should grow just fine on good nutrition as long as the nail bed isn't diseased. They should grow about a half-millimeter per day.

How do you grow your nails really long?

By John from Seattle, WA

Answers

I can't tell you how to do it, because I'm not even sure what the reason is that I have to cut my nails weekly to have them a decent length that doesn't interfere with doing certain things. I am 72 and for several years my doctor has had me on several over the counter supplements besides my regular prescriptions.

I tell people the reason my nails are growing so fast is either because of old age or the supplements I'm taking. lol Actually when I was a kid I bit my nails something awful and when I was 16 I up and decided to quit biting them so they would look nice for prom.

The only way I finally got nice healthy long nails was purchasing a product called tips. It's a light yellow clear liquid. You apply it once a day to each finger over the knuckle and down over nails. If you have nail polish on, then you apply under the nail-instead of over. Very important to apply from knuckle to nail. The nail you see is dead. That is the part developing is why it's important to apply from knuckle down. I started using the product about 4 years ago and have never been sorry. Is not expensive.

Mine started growing long and beautifully after I started taking vitamin B complex for a few weeks. I also check them daily for mini chips or cracks. If I have any I will file them straight away.