Remedies for Nail Pain After Removing Acrylic Nails

Category Nail Tips
Your own fingernails can hurt after taking off fake nails. This guide is about remedies for nail pain after removing acrylic nails.

I just had my acrylic nails taken off and my nails are so sore. Its seems like when they filed my nails they took too much off. I can't do anything because they are so painful and sore. Can anyone recommend anything for me to use? Thank you.

By Chantelle from Nottingham

Answers

Best Answer

Actually, nails don't breathe. Your nails have been sanded down so thin that the nerves under them are sensitive. If you apply several coats of "Hard as Nails" polish it will reduce the sensitivity until the whole nail grows back again.

Best Answer

Had the same problem. Sounds funny, but go to a place where they sell horse supplies. Buy the product used to groom horses' hooves. In the U.S. it's called "Hoof Maker". Rub a small amount on your nails several times a day. It conditions your nails, makes them stronger, and will actually soften your cuticles as a bonus! I noticed a change within a week and the pain subsided. Good luck!

Best Answer

I just had the same thing happen and it was so painful. I put about ten layers of clear nail polish on. It creates a barrier. I also tried some nail strengthener and it wasn't as good. Don't put colored polish on. That weakens the nails and makes them catch on things and rip. I also keep a nail file with me so if anything starts to rip I file it right away before it gets worse. I can't believe how well the clear polish works. I sit in front of the TV and put more on every few minutes. Sometimes I put on some sparkles too just to pretty them up. Hope it helps!

I had a full set of acrylic fitted yesterday, the nail person made my cuticles bleed. Today my fingers are really sore, is this normal?

By Se from Lancashire

Answers

Best Answer

You said you got bleeding while pushing back cuticles. Acrylic liquid should not applied to the damaged bleeding nails. I suppose your beautician done something very wrong. The products use to apply acrylic nails are very toxic. You better to visit your doctor and stop doing acrylic nails for few days until you recover.

I took off my acrylic nail by biting it off, now my finger is throbbing with a huge pain! What can I do to make the pain go away? Please help.

By Yazmyne

Answers

Best Answer

Take a pain med and don't do that again! If it's swollen wrap it in ice. Watch it to make sure it doesn't get infected.

Why do my nails still feel sore to the touch four days after having my acrylic nails removed? I went to the salon that put my acrylic nails on to remove them. Is the salon at fault here or I am being a whimp? It has had a great effect on my daily life. I am having problems doing simple things with my hands. How long is this likely to last? I get married on the 17th May 2016. So getting worried that I may not be able to have my nails done for my wedding. :-(

Answers

You must be very sensitive to the glue and harsh chemicals that are needed in order to affix fake nails. I would advise you against doing that ever again.

Go back to the nail salon and have them removed. You don't want to risk an infection.

My fingernail beds are very tender and sore from removing acrylic nails. What can I do to make the my fingers feel better?

Answers

I removed mine one time and my hands hurt all night. I used Ibuprofen and they were better the next day. I learned it's better to have artificial nails removed at the nail salon and my hands won't hurt.