Remedies for Nail Pain After Removing Acrylic Nails?

Category Nail Tips
Your own fingernails can hurt after taking off fake nails. This page is about remedies for nail pain after removing acrylic nails.

I just had my acrylic nails taken off and my nails are so sore. Its seems like when they filed my nails they took too much off. I can't do anything because they are so painful and sore. Can anyone recommend anything for me to use? Thank you.

By chantelle from Nottingham

Answers

Best Answer

Actually, nails don't breathe. Your nails have been sanded down so thin that the nerves under them are sensitive. If you apply several coats of "Hard as Nails" polish it will reduce the sensitivity until the whole nail grows back again.

Best Answer

Had the same problem. Sounds funny, but go to a place where they sell horse supplies. Buy the product used to groom horses' hooves. In the U.S. it's called "Hoof Maker".

Rub a small amount on your nails several times a day. It conditions your nails, makes them stronger, and will actually soften your cuticles as a bonus! I noticed a change within a week and the pain subsided. Good luck!

Best Answer

I just had the same thing happen and it was so painful. I put about ten layers of clear nail polish on. It creates a barrier. I also tried some nail strengthener and it wasn't as good. Don't put colored polish on. That weakens the nails and makes them catch on things and rip. I also keep a nail file with me so if anything starts to rip I file it right away before it gets worse. I can't believe how well the clear polish works. I sit in front of the TV and put more on every few minutes. Sometimes I put on some sparkles too just to pretty them up. Hope it helps!

I get my nails done a lot, more than I should. I finally took off my acrylics and my natural nails are super thin, it's so bad and it's so painful too. I don't know what to do. I just know I'm not getting acrylics for a long time. How do can I make my natural nails stronger?

Answers

Best Answer

It will take time, but most people who have had the same issues as yours went and had a gel manicure done on their nails a week after the acrylic ones were removed. The gel manicure can help to build up the strength in your nails and stop them from breaking and hurting.

You can also get a few products to put on your nails This is an excellent one and it will help your nails. Essentials SolarOil Nail & Cuticle Conditioner

Best Answer

I remember that pain! I hated it so much, and I'm sorry you're going through with it. My best remedy was cutting them short so they wouldn't bend back on anything. Keep them trimmed until they grow back as thick as they naturally should be.

Today I removed my UV gels after having them on for two years. Oh my gosh the pain in unreal. I don't know what to do. Does anyone know what I could do to stop the pain and make my nails stronger? The pain feels like someone broke all my fingers and set my nails on fire.

My nails are actually all red as well waaah! I will never put anything one my nails again besides regular polish once this heals.

Answers

Best Answer

This is very common when people go to a shop to have their nails done and they choose to do this. There are shops that recommend that you take off the nails every few months to allow your nails under to breath and be healthy. The only thing you can do now to help your nails is good some good oil for nails and keep applying this to the nails. You can take some vitiams for nails to help make them stronger again. This pain will last a few days or up to a few weeks until your nails start to grow out again on their own. You should keep them trimmed very short and try to avoid getting them too wet so they can heal.

Best Answer

You may need to see a doctor but for right now until that happens you can heat a cup or two of white or apple cider vinegar and soak your nails for several hours if possible.

Warm the vinegar in a micro-safe bowl - test it and do not use it too hot (test it like a baby's milk - a drop or two on your wrist) as your nails will be very tender but you can rewarm the vinegar several times (unless it looks dirty) and probably be able to stand it hotter each time.

Sit in a chair with the bowl in your lap and use a towel under the bowl (an extra towel in case you have an accident and spill the vinegar) and leave nails soaking until water is cold; then reheat and do the same again. Repeat this several times and over the weekend. I believe your nails will be better and the pain will be greatly diminished.
Just remember to use the water as hot as you can without yelling as heat and vinegar work wonders on drawing out infection.

You may wish to apply some sort of antibiotic ointment overnight (OTC ointment is good). Some may stain your sheets so check this out.

If you normally take some sort of OTC pain killer you might want to try some of this for a couple of days. Ibuprofen, aspirin, Tylenol are all good if you normally take these without problems. Be sure to take as directed.

I've had fake nails on for about 5 days. I was washing up and my finger went slightly backwards and caused me pain. I ended up taking the nails off to find out I could see veins in my fingertips. I'm really worried and I'm not sure whether to see a doctor or not?

Answers

Best Answer

It sounds like you had an allergic reaction to the material in the mails that caused this problem. I would go to see a doctor, maybe you need something for this so they do not get infected.

Best Answer

Since this is the weekend and doctors are difficult to see perhaps you could go to your pharmacy and ask the pharmacist what you can do right now until you can see a doctor.
A pharmacist is very knowledgeable person (most people have no idea how long a pharmacist attends school to obtain a license/degree - but it is not a short period) so whatever they tell you should be good information.

In the meantime there are several things you can do that will help avoid further infection and relieve any pain.
Soak your fingernails in plain warm/hot water several times a day;
Add any one of the following to the warm/hot water;
Epsom Salt
Regular cooking salt
White or regular vinegar
Baking soda
Tea Tree Oil (few drops)
The hotter the water the better just do not burn yourself.
Amount to add depends on how much water but add a half cup of most but it doesn't matter as you cannot put too much. Use only a few drops of Tea Tree Oil.
Hopefully you will have at least one of these items so you can begin treatment ASAP. Plain hot water will help.

After soaking you can put any kind of antibacterial ointment you may have or Vaseline or Vick's salve; leave on for a few hours and try soaking your nails in fresh hot water before bedtime.

Just in case you are hesitant in asking a pharmacist for help, here is a breakdown of the schooling they must have to obtain a degree:

Three to four years of undergraduate pre-professional (prerequisite) coursework, followed by four academic years in the professional program. Most students need four years to complete their prerequisite courses. Thus, it usually takes eight years of college study to earn a Pharm.D. and become a pharmacist.

I had a full set of acrylic fitted yesterday, the nail person made my cuticles bleed. Today my fingers are really sore, is this normal?

By sue from Lancashire

Answers

Best Answer

You said you got bleeding while pushing back cuticles. Acrylic liquid should not applied to the damaged bleeding nails. I suppose your beautician done something very wrong. The products use to apply acrylic nails are very toxic. You better to visit your doctor and stop doing acrylic nails for few days until you recover.

I took off my acrylic nail by biting it off, now my finger is throbbing with a huge pain! What can I do to make the pain go away? Please help.

By Yazmyne

Answers

Best Answer

Take a pain med and don't do that again! If it's swollen wrap it in ice. Watch it to make sure it doesn't get infected.

My nails are super thin sore and red after removing acrylic nails. The nails are so soft and are continually breaking. They feel like as soft as paper. I'm putting Vicks VapoRub on them; will that help?

Answers

Cut your nails short. I would put a moisturizing hand and nail cream on them instead of the VapoRub, which can be drying.

Definitely stop the Vicks. Use plain old kitchen vegetable oil and soak your nails in the morning and evening. You can reuse the oil for several days by keeping it in the fridge.

If you are medically able to take supplements..NEVER do so without doctor approval as they can affect medication you may take...so if you get the ok, try one with bioten and/or vitamin E to help build nail strength.

If the issue persists for more than a week, talk to the doctor as you could have a fungal infection or other medical issue happening. Those acrylics are brutal.

I would avoid any nail treatment or products for a long time after you are healed to prevent future issues.

Poeple lose sight of the fact that nails are a living breathing part of your body, vulnerable to illness, infection, as well as a marker for general health. So they go and put a bunch of weird stuff on them without taking into account what's happenign underneath. It is very good of you and for you that you took the time to notice that your nails were suffering as this is a reflection of a suffering of your own health.

Acrylics are incredibly toxic and applying them to your nails puts you at risk of endocrine, kidney, and liver issues. Plus they simply damage the nails which are now in a state of weakness and thus more susceptible to poisons coming from the fake nails. YOur nails are also telling you that the nail beauty regime is affecting your health adversely. The thing to do is to listen to your body on this one and
-halt these nail regimes for a good month. I would just leave them alone but for some reason people can't exist without slathering some colouring or other on their nails, so go with a more healthy, breathable nail polish www.luckyvitamin.com/p-1908742-dr-s-remedy-enriched-nail...
www.ulta.com/breathable-treatment-color
these are all breathable and have oils and minerals in them that help them rebuild.
- also try to go for a soy based acetone free nail polish remover www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1533659783... (Affiliate Link)
- treat nails with moisturizers like Miracle Cuticle Oil ($20; dermstore.com) and Juara Coconut Illipe Hand & Nail Balm ($20; dermstore.com) or vitamin E (NOT vaporub)
- improve your diet to support nail growth. Add biotin, omega-3 rich food like eggs, fatty fish and sweet potatoes.

I pulled off my acrylic nail. The tip of my finger itches and under the fingernail tip it hurts and burns. Did I pull nail layers off and it's thin? I have tried several things to ease it. Anyone have any suggestions? Please.

Answers

Best Answer

You probably have an Infection. I would put an antibiotic cream on it. If it doesnt get better, call a doctor.

I removed my own acrylics and now my nails are super sore, painful, and red! They are a mess. The tips are red. Any suggestions?

I am in desperate need of advice right now. My fingernails are thin and my fingertip is throbbing in pain. I can barely touch anything.

The nail tech used an electric file to shave my gels down and then took a metal instrument and dug it underneath my nail, pushing between my nail and the gel and ripped them off. Obviously, all except one did not come off cleanly with a pop. Most came off in pieces. It hurt so much; I had to stop her for a break every now and then. Then, she used a regular file to "get the rest off", brushed off the white dust, and sent me on my way. I have just learned from a friend that peeling off the gel is apparently not how a nail tech is supposed to do this?! I am so confused.

It was the most painful thing I've ever felt on my nail or so I thought until now (5 hours later). My nails are paper thin and red and weak. They are basically translucent and like, moldable? As in I have a dent in one where I pressed it.

She told me they were going to be sensitive to hot and cold water for today and tomorrow. But they constantly ache. If I touch them lightly with my own fingertips, they hurt fiercely. I grabbed a cotton swab and--bam--they hurt. I've been trying to avoid touching them/knocking them.

Does anyone have advice on how to care for them? I have applied cuticle oil like every hour and to my surprise, each time my nails seem to suck the oil up in seconds.

My nail tech said to get a nail hardener and apply it. I bought OPI formaldehyde free for sensitive/peeling nails. Does anyone know when I should apply it?

I am very nervous that the pain will continue into next week when I need to use my hands for work. Any advice welcome. I don't know how people do this; I'll never get nails done again.

The picture is of my nails after ow ow. I am not sure if you can see the very red blotches. What is this? I think I can just see down to my irritated nail bed. :sad:

Thanks in advance.

Why do my nails still feel sore to the touch four days after having my acrylic nails removed? I went to the salon that put my acrylic nails on to remove them. Is the salon at fault here or I am being a whimp? It has had a great effect on my daily life. I am having problems doing simple things with my hands. How long is this likely to last? I get married on the 17th May 2016. So getting worried that I may not be able to have my nails done for my wedding. :-(

Answers

You must be very sensitive to the glue and harsh chemicals that are needed in order to affix fake nails. I would advise you against doing that ever again.

Go back to the nail salon and have them removed. You don't want to risk an infection.

My fingernail beds are very tender and sore from removing acrylic nails. What can I do to make the my fingers feel better?

Answers

I removed mine one time and my hands hurt all night. I used Ibuprofen and they were better the next day. I learned it's better to have artificial nails removed at the nail salon and my hands won't hurt.

Health & Beauty Beauty Nail TipsMarch 21, 2013
🐛
😷
🌻
📓
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf43167965.tip.html