Remedies for Nail Pain After Removing Acrylic Nails

Category Nail Tips
Your own fingernails can hurt after taking off fake nails. This guide is about remedies for nail pain after removing acrylic nails.

I just had my acrylic nails taken off and my nails are so sore. Its seems like when they filed my nails they took too much off. I can't do anything because they are so painful and sore. Can anyone recommend anything for me to use? Thank you.

By chantelle from Nottingham

Answers

Best Answer

Actually, nails don't breathe. Your nails have been sanded down so thin that the nerves under them are sensitive. If you apply several coats of "Hard as Nails" polish it will reduce the sensitivity until the whole nail grows back again.

Best Answer

Had the same problem. Sounds funny, but go to a place where they sell horse supplies. Buy the product used to groom horses' hooves. In the U.S. it's called "Hoof Maker". Rub a small amount on your nails several times a day. It conditions your nails, makes them stronger, and will actually soften your cuticles as a bonus! I noticed a change within a week and the pain subsided. Good luck!

Best Answer

I just had the same thing happen and it was so painful. I put about ten layers of clear nail polish on. It creates a barrier. I also tried some nail strengthener and it wasn't as good. Don't put colored polish on. That weakens the nails and makes them catch on things and rip.

I also keep a nail file with me so if anything starts to rip I file it right away before it gets worse. I can't believe how well the clear polish works. I sit in front of the TV and put more on every few minutes. Sometimes I put on some sparkles too just to pretty them up. Hope it helps!

I get my nails done a lot, more than I should. I finally took off my acrylics and my natural nails are super thin, it's so bad and it's so painful too. I don't know what to do. I just know I'm not getting acrylics for a long time. How do can I make my natural nails stronger?

Answers

Best Answer

It will take time, but most people who have had the same issues as yours went and had a gel manicure done on their nails a week after the acrylic ones were removed. The gel manicure can help to build up the strength in your nails and stop them from breaking and hurting.

You can also get a few products to put on your nails This is an excellent one and it will help your nails. Essentials SolarOil Nail & Cuticle Conditioner

Best Answer

I remember that pain! I hated it so much, and I'm sorry you're going through with it. My best remedy was cutting them short so they wouldn't bend back on anything. Keep them trimmed until they grow back as thick as they naturally should be.

I had a full set of acrylic fitted yesterday, the nail person made my cuticles bleed. Today my fingers are really sore, is this normal?

By sue from Lancashire

Answers

Best Answer

You said you got bleeding while pushing back cuticles. Acrylic liquid should not applied to the damaged bleeding nails. I suppose your beautician done something very wrong.

The products use to apply acrylic nails are very toxic. You better to visit your doctor and stop doing acrylic nails for few days until you recover.

I took off my acrylic nail by biting it off, now my finger is throbbing with a huge pain! What can I do to make the pain go away? Please help.

By Yazmyne

Answers

Best Answer

Take a pain med and don't do that again! If it's swollen wrap it in ice. Watch it to make sure it doesn't get infected.

I pulled off my acrylic nail. The tip of my finger itches and under the fingernail tip it hurts and burns. Did I pull nail layers off and it's thin?

I have tried several things to ease it. Anyone have any suggestions? Please.

Answers

Best Answer

You probably have an Infection. I would put an antibiotic cream on it. If it doesnt get better, call a doctor.

My nails are super thin sore and red after removing acrylic nails. The nails are so soft and are continually breaking. They feel like as soft as paper. I'm putting Vicks VapoRub on them; will that help?

Answers

Cut your nails short. I would put a moisturizing hand and nail cream on them instead of the VapoRub, which can be drying.

Definitely stop the Vicks. Use plain old kitchen vegetable oil and soak your nails in the morning and evening. You can reuse the oil for several days by keeping it in the fridge.

If you are medically able to take supplements..NEVER do so without doctor approval as they can affect medication you may take...so if you get the ok, try one with bioten and/or vitamin E to help build nail strength.

If the issue persists for more than a week, talk to the doctor as you could have a fungal infection or other medical issue happening. Those acrylics are brutal.

I would avoid any nail treatment or products for a long time after you are healed to prevent future issues.

Poeple lose sight of the fact that nails are a living breathing part of your body, vulnerable to illness, infection, as well as a marker for general health. So they go and put a bunch of weird stuff on them without taking into account what's happenign underneath. It is very good of you and for you that you took the time to notice that your nails were suffering as this is a reflection of a suffering of your own health.

Acrylics are incredibly toxic and applying them to your nails puts you at risk of endocrine, kidney, and liver issues. Plus they simply damage the nails which are now in a state of weakness and thus more susceptible to poisons coming from the fake nails. YOur nails are also telling you that the nail beauty regime is affecting your health adversely. The thing to do is to listen to your body on this one and
-halt these nail regimes for a good month. I would just leave them alone but for some reason people can't exist without slathering some colouring or other on their nails, so go with a more healthy, breathable nail polish www.luckyvitamin.com/p-1908742-dr-s-remedy-enriched-nail...
www.ulta.com/breathable-treatment-color
these are all breathable and have oils and minerals in them that help them rebuild.
- also try to go for a soy based acetone free nail polish remover www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_2_sspa?tag=thrif06-20
- treat nails with moisturizers like Miracle Cuticle Oil ($20; dermstore.com) and Juara Coconut Illipe Hand & Nail Balm ($20; dermstore.com) or vitamin E (NOT vaporub)
- improve your diet to support nail growth. Add biotin, omega-3 rich food like eggs, fatty fish and sweet potatoes.

Basically, to get your nails strong again you will need to start adding a conditioner to them. You'll also need to cut them short.

Most people have this same issue after removing the nails and have gone to a shop and had gel added to the nails. The gel polish is a great way to protect your nails and allow them to grow out again. This isn't the same as having acrylic nails, but it is a great solution to repair the damage acrylic nails did.

Why do my nails still feel sore to the touch four days after having my acrylic nails removed? I went to the salon that put my acrylic nails on to remove them. Is the salon at fault here or I am being a whimp? It has had a great effect on my daily life. I am having problems doing simple things with my hands. How long is this likely to last? I get married on the 17th May 2016. So getting worried that I may not be able to have my nails done for my wedding. :-(

Answers

You must be very sensitive to the glue and harsh chemicals that are needed in order to affix fake nails. I would advise you against doing that ever again.

Go back to the nail salon and have them removed. You don't want to risk an infection.

My fingernail beds are very tender and sore from removing acrylic nails. What can I do to make the my fingers feel better?

Answers

I removed mine one time and my hands hurt all night. I used Ibuprofen and they were better the next day. I learned it's better to have artificial nails removed at the nail salon and my hands won't hurt.