Remedy for Acne

With my skin complexion it's kind of hard getting rid of my acne. So what could I do to get rid of it?

By Ceyonn from Minneapolis, MN

Answers:

Remedy for Acne

Someone on this site mentioned corn starch for blemishes and I have been having good luck with making a paste of cornstarch and water and placing it on the blemish. I also make a thinner, milkier version and spread it on my congested "t" zone. It makes the skin dry, eventually, and then my products and work better.

You also might try crushing and aspirin, mixing it with water to make a paste and putting it on your blemishes. Aspirin contains acetylsalicylic acid which is in many over the counter blemish products. I've also been using regular hand sanitizer on my blemishes with good luck. Don't ask me why this works instead of regular alcohol, but I have good luck. Tea tree oil will dry up just about anything; from blemishes and warts to skin tags. It has a strong smell that some don't like, but I think it smells clean, but strong.

Test these on individual blemishes to see what works best, that way if you have a reaction you'll be able to tell which one caused it. Also if you have a reaction you won't have an entire face with a problem; you'll only have one blemish with a problem!

Good luck to you. (11/05/2010)

By metroplex

Remedy for Acne

Go see your doctor, most adult acne is due to some hormonal imbalance. Anything you buy over the counter, prescriptive or not, is just going to alleviate the symptoms, but not get to the root of the problem. I had horrible acne, dry scalp, and my voice was getting raspy, I never connected them all until I went to the doctor and found out I had an underactive thyroid. (11/06/2010)

By jai74

Remedy for Acne

Try washing your face in a solution of warm water and salt several times daily. (Make the solution very salty to the taste.) (11/10/2010)

By boonjaras