Remedy for Dog's Itching

I have a two year old Chihuahua/Yorkie mix. She has been itching and biting her legs and under her stomach. I have taken her to the vet, but he only gives her steroids. It lasts for 2/3 months and she gets it again. I can not afford to continue to keep taking her back. It's costly. What can I do to relieve her from that itching. I've used anti-itch cream, Benadryl, and tea tree oil. What else can I try?

Try changing her diet. Many dogs have an allergy to corn, soy, or wheat.

Your dog may be allergic to lawn fertilizer. I had a friend whose dachshund had this problem. Poor little guy had to wear a muzzle to prevent him chewing his feet, belly and legs. they switched to organic lawn fertilizer and all the itching disappeared. If this happens primarily in the summer try switching to organic lawn fertilizer and see if it helps.

Probably yeast infection. Very prevalent during humid hot summers. Try probiotics during feeding, stay away from starchy dog food with corn, potatoes, heavy grains and use vinegar/water mix as a rinse. Caused from the gut.

Tea tree oil is poisonous for dogs. It's a neurotoxin. Avoid at all costs.

Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin
Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin
Pets Dogs HealthJuly 17, 2016
A man scratching his ear.
Causes of Ear Itching
Young woman scratching her head furiously.
Dandruff Remedies
A dog itching in the grass.
Relieving Itching for Dogs
A cute beagle sitting on the floor.
My Beagle is Itching
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 4:18:36 PM on 10.0.2.252 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.