Remove Batteries From Disposable Cameras

My father taught me this frugal tip: The batteries in a disposable camera are reusable! Before you get the film/disposable camera developed take out the batteries which are normally AA which normally work in remote controls.

Source: My father

By GingerLilyMay from Bedford Hills, NY

Answers:

I never knew this, this is a great tip. (01/02/2008)

By velmaisqueenus

I would appreciate knowing HOW to do this. Sounds great if it is not dangerous in any way. Where are the batteries in one of those? How do you open it without damaging the film to be developed? Thanks. (01/03/2008)

By spoostad

This is not a good idea. It says right on the camera that they are not to be opened! My husband is an assistant mgr. for one of the major drugstore chains and as such he sometimes has to cover in their photo dept. I can't tell you the number of times that he has had people tell him that they tried to open the camera and got a nasty electric shock. Please don't try to open them. Also, you should never use "used" batteries in any other item. (01/03/2008)

By lovethosehounds

Hello again - - - I am adding on to my above post. Not only can you get a shock, but you can also burn your hand. My hubby had to deal with a customer who did just that. The cameras are only supposed to be opened by someone in a photo dept. who knows what they are doing. The only reason they are to be opened is to remove the film, once again by someone who knows what they are doing. (01/03/2008)

By lovethosehounds

I might suggest if you really want your used batteries, just ask the photo-lab for them when you take in the camera. The photo lab just collects them all in a bin and sends them back to Kodak or Fugi who in turn probably test them and recycle them or dispose of them. They would be yours just for the asking. (01/03/2008)

By Joycer

Disposable Camera on White Background
Disposable Camera Tips And Tricks
Getting More Life from Batteries
Getting More Life from Batteries
Uses for Old Cameras, old camera
Uses for Old Cameras
disposable razor
Uses for Disposable Razors
Recycling Car Batteries, old battery
Recycling Car Batteries
🎄
🍂