Changing the Batteries on a Swiffer Wet Jet

You are not alone if you have been frustrated when trying to change the batteries in your Swiffer Wet Jet. This is a guide about changing the batteries on a Swiffer Wet Jet.

How do I change the battery on my WetJet?

Answers

Best Answer

Turn it upside down, and remove the solution container. Its under there on the handle part.

Best Answer

Remove the cleaner and then pull off the battery tab. Replace the battery and put in the cleaner and test.

I can't find the battery compartment on my Swiffer Wet Jet. It doesn't look at all like the directions.

Answers

Best Answer

Look in the closet or wherever you keep your swifter. The battery compartment may have fallen off. On the swifter I had, you couldn't tell anything was missing.

Best Answer

The batteries are located on the front down toward the mop. There is a button, press the button and it will open.

Requires 4 double A batteries. I could not find any place that told me where the compartment is. Certainly not in the closet. Now my Swiffer Wet Jet is ready to go.

How do I change the batteries on the Swiffer Wet Jet?

By Madeleine Bissonnette from Hummelstown, PA

Answers

Best Answer

Stop! Your battery compartment has probably fallen off! Check the bottom of your closet first, before trying to pry out a battery that is not there. Another web site gave me the heads up on this, and sure enough after trying to pry the battery compartment off, I realized it was sitting in the bottom of the closet! A very common problem!

I can't find the batteries in my Swiffer. Can you help?

Answers

Best Answer

The Swiffer Wet Jet? It's in the handle behind where the solution goes.

You have to turn it upside down and get the solution container off first, then you should see the compartment

I changed the batteries and now it won't work.

Answers

Try a different set of batteries.

Double check to ensure the batteries are placed in the correct polarity.

If the batteries are still good and you reseated them and they still aren't working...and you tried another set...and it still isn't working, call their customer service and ask if they have any other ideas:

swiffer.com/.../contact-us

Don't forget to ask for coupons while you have them on the line!

so yeah, obviously check the batteries or that they're put in well. Aside from that, you can check the battery terminals and make sure they're not oxidized or water damaged in some way

Can anyone tell me how to change the batteries on the old style Swiffer WetJet? It is green, but not with the big bottle holder attached. You can push the purple button to release the bottle, but the green "switch" underneath that does not move. :-/

By J.B.

Answers

If I remember right and it is the same model, you push the little green lever DOWN and pull out the battery pocket.

If it doesn't work, their customer service is lovely!

swiffer.com/.../contact-us

You need to remove the cleaner first, then take off the battery tab.

I have an older Wetjet and don't know how to change the batteries. They're at the bottom of the Swiffer WetJet.

By Carol

I have a Swiffer Wet jet and want to know where and how to change the batteries?

By John

How do I open the battery compartment on a Swiffer Wet Jet?

eelane from Weatherford, TX

Answers:

How To Open The Wet Jet Battery Compartment

Right below the gray thumb size thingy is a lever, just push down on it and it flips open. Might take a little pressure. Don't give up. (07/12/2007)

By ruthvalleygal

The battery compartment is faulty and very frustrating. I took someone's advice and pushed on the compartment below the gray thumb thingy and it broke. Surely with such a neat idea they could come up with a battery compartment that is not designed faulty. I don't think I will buy another. (06/19/2008)

By Wanda

I read the other complaints about the compartment and proceeded to destroy mine, too, trying to open what I thought was the battery compartment. I unscrewed everything, and finally ended up using a BIG screwdriver to pry the thing apart into many little pieces. I was amazed to find no batteries anywhere. On the way down to the garage to throw the darn thing out, I saw 4 batteries and a plastic case laying on the ground. It's so easy to remove that it removed itself! The trick to it? There is a little green tab. You might want to insert a flat screwdriver into the slot above to push down gently. (12/22/2008)

By EdgeWalker

It is simple when you know what to push. It is just under the bottle where the letters CE are, there is a green tab, push it down and the cover comes out with four batteries in it ,you will need a screwdriver to wedge the batteries out. Good Luck. It would be nice if they labeled it properly. (02/14/2009)

By hoodsie