Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes

You can save time and money by making your own cleaning refill solution for your Wet Jet. This is a page about Swiffer Wet Jet refill recipes.

I love cleaning with the Wet Jet, but the multi purpose solution leaves a sticky residue on my ceramic tile floors. I am at a loss as to how to fix the problem short of re-mopping with plain water and a traditional mop, double work for someone with bad knees and balance issues.

Answers

Best Answer

You can use a multi-purpose solution in the machine but you need to water down the solution you are using. It is way too strong and normally you clean with solutions like this from a bucket. When I clean the tile with one of these dolutions I add around a gallon of water to the bucket and just a capful of the solution to my water. Try this and it should work a lot better for you.

Best Answer

I would just eliminate the chemical they use and create my own mixture that I know worked with the floors, such as vinegar or ammonia or simply soapy water

Swiffers are great design but not necesarily great product

I'm quite taken up with your site as I found out I don't need to replace refills for Wet Jet, but can do recipes. What is 2 parts to 1 part mean?

Elaine

Answers

Example:1 cup vinegar to 2 cups water... Hope this helps.
I much prefer making my own cleaning products.
Sandie

Remove top by submerging top of empty Bottle into coffee cup of boiling water with a towel. Tip: microwave water 1-1.5 minutes.
Fill Bottle with Hot Water & 2 Tablespoons White Vinegar & 1 teaspoon PineSol or other preferred cleaner. TILE Floors SPOTLESS!

I have a Swiffer Wet Jet. I don't like the way it leaves streaks on my laminate floors no matter how much or little I use of the liquid. I would like to fill the bottle with something else a little more effective (vinegar solution?). Has anyone tried this? Any ideas?

Jen from Shellsburg, IA

Answers:

Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes

Thanks to all that posted their feedback concerning my question. I was asking for a Swiffer solution alternative not a preaching on the Swiffer solution and pets. I have two extremely healthy dogs and have used the Swiffer solution for years without a problem. One grew an extra head and the other now has six feet. :)

Again, thank you to all that responded with a helpful answer to my question. (12/30/2008)

By Jen Hummell

Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes

Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes

I did the taking off of the cap but found it soon started to leak. I drilled a half-inch hole in the top, pour my solution in with a funnel and put a cork in it. I've been using the same Swiffer bottle for over a year. (01/22/2009)

By RiverRat

Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes

I cut the neck off another plastic bottle, cut a hole in the bottom of the Swiffer bottle and hot glued the other neck onto it. Now I just unscrew the cap and I buy the 409 copy cat cleaner at the dollar store, and just remove the new cap and pour it in. I don't like the Swiffer cleaner. It leaves a funky residue on the ceramic tile floor. (02/04/2009)

By McGiver guy

Refilling wet jet bottles

Thank you so much for the info of how to remove the lid of the Wet Jet solution. There are asthmatics in my home, and the solution has a very strong scent that my family member's lungs can't tolerate. Now I can refill an empty bottle with an odorless cleaner of my choice!

Thanks Again! Gramma :) (02/20/2009)

By Gramma

Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes

I am so happy with the refill suggestion. Cutting a hole in the bottle & adding a cap is pure genius! Thanks so much for this idea. I just wanted to add to this money saving idea. I just purchased two washable fabric pads from a seller on e-bay - wiljer71 for $11. They fit great, are quite heavy & very well made. A great idea. Try them. (02/25/2009)

By Cheryl

Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes

I bought a Wet Jet for my sister as a house gift, and it made dull streaks all over her laminate floor. I bought one for myself also, and I just spent all night cleaning a linoleum floor 3 times, trying to get the sticky streaks off. What a mess. I now need to re-wash it with my regular mop and cleaner. I am very sorry I bought two of these things. Also embarrassed that the 'gift' I bought my sister to make her life a little easier has actually caused her more effort. Is it me, or the cleaner, or the pads? (07/02/2009)

By Dee Egizi

Use old washcloths on your Swiffer. Instead of buying a refill for the cleaning solution, use soapy water instead.

Source: My daughter

By Monica from Cortez, CO

Answers:

Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes

I use half white vinegar and half water. Begged a huge syringe from my vet and fill it by pouring vinegar solution in the end, replacing the plunger, and "injecting" Wet Jet container. You might be able to use a meat basting injector. (09/14/2010)

By Frances

What is the recipe for vinegar and water solution (how much vinegar to water) to use in the Swiffer Wet Jet?

Does anyone know how to make the solution for the Swiffer Wet Jet?

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply RecipesAugust 17, 2016
📓
🐛
😎
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Swiffer-Wet-Jet-Refill-Recipes-5.html