Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes

You can save time and money by making your own cleaning refill solution for your Wet Jet. This is a guide about Swiffer Wet Jet refill recipes.

I'm quite taken up with your site as I found out I don't need to replace refills for Wet Jet, but can do recipes. What is 2 parts to 1 part mean?

Elaine

Answers

Example:1 cup vinegar to 2 cups water... Hope this helps.
I much prefer making my own cleaning products.
Sandie

Remove top by submerging top of empty Bottle into coffee cup of boiling water with a towel. Tip: microwave water 1-1.5 minutes.
Fill Bottle with Hot Water & 2 Tablespoons White Vinegar & 1 teaspoon PineSol or other preferred cleaner. TILE Floors SPOTLESS!

I have a Swiffer Wet Jet. I don't like the way it leaves streaks on my laminate floors no matter how much or little I use of the liquid. I would like to fill the bottle with something else a little more effective (vinegar solution?). Has anyone tried this? Any ideas?

Jen from Shellsburg, IA

Answers:

Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes

Thanks to all that posted their feedback concerning my question. I was asking for a Swiffer solution alternative not a preaching on the Swiffer solution and pets. I have two extremely healthy dogs and have used the Swiffer solution for years without a problem. One grew an extra head and the other now has six feet. :)

Again, thank you to all that responded with a helpful answer to my question. (12/30/2008)

By Jen Hummell

Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes

Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes

I did the taking off of the cap but found it soon started to leak. I drilled a half-inch hole in the top, pour my solution in with a funnel and put a cork in it. I've been using the same Swiffer bottle for over a year. (01/22/2009)

By RiverRat

Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes

I cut the neck off another plastic bottle, cut a hole in the bottom of the Swiffer bottle and hot glued the other neck onto it. Now I just unscrew the cap and I buy the 409 copy cat cleaner at the dollar store, and just remove the new cap and pour it in. I don't like the Swiffer cleaner. It leaves a funky residue on the ceramic tile floor.

(02/04/2009)

By McGiver guy

Refilling wet jet bottles

Thank you so much for the info of how to remove the lid of the Wet Jet solution. There are asthmatics in my home, and the solution has a very strong scent that my family member's lungs can't tolerate. Now I can refill an empty bottle with an odorless cleaner of my choice!

Thanks Again! Gramma :) (02/20/2009)

By Gramma

Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes

I am so happy with the refill suggestion. Cutting a hole in the bottle & adding a cap is pure genius! Thanks so much for this idea. I just wanted to add to this money saving idea. I just purchased two washable fabric pads from a seller on e-bay - wiljer71 for $11. They fit great, are quite heavy & very well made. A great idea. Try them. (02/25/2009)

By Cheryl

Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes

I bought a Wet Jet for my sister as a house gift, and it made dull streaks all over her laminate floor. I bought one for myself also, and I just spent all night cleaning a linoleum floor 3 times, trying to get the sticky streaks off. What a mess. I now need to re-wash it with my regular mop and cleaner. I am very sorry I bought two of these things. Also embarrassed that the 'gift' I bought my sister to make her life a little easier has actually caused her more effort. Is it me, or the cleaner, or the pads? (07/02/2009)

By Dee Egizi

Use old washcloths on your Swiffer. Instead of buying a refill for the cleaning solution, use soapy water instead.

Source: My daughter

By Monica from Cortez, CO

Answers:

Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes

I use half white vinegar and half water. Begged a huge syringe from my vet and fill it by pouring vinegar solution in the end, replacing the plunger, and "injecting" Wet Jet container. You might be able to use a meat basting injector. (09/14/2010)

By Frances

What is the recipe for vinegar and water solution (how much vinegar to water) to use in the Swiffer Wet Jet? Thank you.

By Michelle from Spring Grove, IL

Answers:

Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes

I would try 1 cup of vinegar and the rest water and maybe a couple of drops of Dawn dishwashing liquid. I've also started using the Lysol concentrated using 1/8 cup and the rest water and it works well also. Good luck! (07/11/2009)

By scarlett mathis

Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes

I had laminate floors in my old house. The key is mopping a section and then drying. Ours would streak with just plain water if we didn't dry it. We had Quick-Step Laminate, so we used the cleaner made by Quick-Step, but we always had to dry it or it would streak. It has something in it that helps to repel dirt. I don't really know how to explain it, but it kind of moisturizes it without leaving it oily. Then all you have to do is use a dry Swiffer or dust mop. I kept a spray bottle of water and vinegar handy for high traffic areas and just used a sponge mop and dried with a microfiber mop or towel, depending on how large the area was. The Quick-Step cleaner also helps prevent scratching. (07/17/2009)

By renee tomlinson

Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes

I don't know about it being toxic to animals. My dog seemed OK, as does my parakeet, the few times I need to use the actual Swiffer solution. I just hate the smell of Swiffer's solution; too sweet smelling. Unfortunately, the plastic bottles end up cracking right where the holder, on the side of the bottle, goes. So, I end up having to purchase a new bottle about every six months. My favorite refill, because it's the most economical and hard working, is Pinesol. Put about an inch or two, depending on the dirt factor, in the bottle and fill with water; dissolves grime and gets all the dirt out of the crevices. Just don't use much more in the bottle or your floor will have a sticky feel. I love walking barefoot in the house and can't stand sticky floors. Also, I've never noticed any streaks on my tile or wood floors. (08/10/2009)

By Catherine DiSantis

Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes

Just wanted to let everyone know that the info about the cleaning solution hurting pets is false. It is a rumor. You can check it on snopes.com. It is a great spot to check all kinds of rumors you hear about viruses. I have a waxed wood floor so I don't know what kind of cleaner I could use in the Swiffer. Maybe a diluted Murphy's oil soap? Any ideas? (03/30/2010)

By Judith

Does anyone know how to make the solution for the Swiffer Wet Jet?